Thursday, September 29, 2011

Believe - Receive

Yesterday was the only day our family could go and enjoy a local fair.  The day started a little gloomy.  Rain poured down by mid-morning and continued past lunch.  The sun peered out for an hour or so, creating some hope that the night would go as planned.  Well, the rain returned with a vengeance.

I went to pick up my kids and my mother-in-law informed me of the prayers said by her and my daughter to stop the rain.  As we returned home, the sky did not comply with the prayers.  My hopes faded.  I began thinking of different plans to keep the kids entertained for the evening. 

"but God has surely listened
   and has heard my prayer.
Praise be to God,
   who has not rejected my prayer
   or withheld his love from me!" (Psalm 66:19-20)

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” (Matthew 21:22)

I began preparing supper, turned around to glance out the window and the sun shone brightly.  Wow, He did hear those little prayers.  Why did I even begin to doubt?  God always comes through for us.  No prayer is insignificant in His eyes.

There are times when we cry out in prayer and then quickly forget to believe for an answer.  We cry out for help, guidance, healing or comfort but continue on with the same attitude.  We must pray and BELIEVE.  Place HOPE in the promises of our God.  Have FAITH that He will work all things out for good.

At times, we do not receive a response immediately.  Trust in Him.  There is reason for His delayed response.  He hears and He knows the best result for you.  If rain continued last night and prevented our family from attending the fair, it would be alright.  He would provide another plan for our evening.  Take every plan He presents and enjoy it.  Keep Him at the center and all the other details will fall in place.

God, thank you for today.  Thank You for answering my daughter's prayer yesterday despite my doubt.  Thank You for the pleasant evening we all spent together.  Keep my eyes focused on You and continue to strengthen my faith as I hope and believe in You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment