Monday, September 19, 2011

Peace, Power and Perception

Discern means to perceive by the sight or some other sense or by the intellect; see, recognize, or apprehend.
Apprehend means to grasp the meaning of; understand, especially intuitively; perceive.
 
Change is tough and scary.  New concepts may be hard to grasp.  We too often remain in the mindset of how things have worked or remain consistent in our decision making, refusing to change or budge from position.  Sometimes, life requires a decision to be made, a fork presented in the road.  One way may lead to a whole new lifestyle, while the other keeps the comfort in your life.  These choices require some deep prayer, long thinking and much discernment.  God brings clarity to every situation.  I
 
God,
 
grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
 
"Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many.  I instruct you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths." (Proverbs 4:10) 
 
"The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.  The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so." (Romans 8:6-7)
 
The courage to change the things I can,
 
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
 
"So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me." (Acts 27:25)
 
and The wisdom to know the difference.
 
"I am your servant; give me discernment
   that I may understand your statutes." (Psalm 119:125)
 
". . .He gives wisdom to the wise
   and knowledge to the discerning.
He reveals deep and hidden things;
   he knows what lies in darkness,
   and light dwells with him." (Daniel 2:21-22)
 
Reach up to Him for peace in circumstances we not like, courage to step into the unknown, and the discernment to know whether to step or remain.  Listen to Him.  He will instruct you in the way to go.  Ask the Holy Spirit to come and govern your life so you will steer clear of fleshly desires.  Do not fear when life takes some turns or the mundane is shaken in your days.  He will be at your side and keep His promises.  Through His guidance, His Truth and His love you will see clearly the next step.  Use Him in every decision; invite Him into your every move!
 
God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for all the love, wisdom and comfort you provide.  Remain in the driver's seat each day of my life.  Guide my foot; were it to slip, catch it.  Many decisions occur every day, give me peace, courage and wisdom to speak and step with confidence through each one.  Give me patience to wait on You, to wait for Your decision and not be led by the flesh.  I love You.
 
Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 

No comments:

Post a Comment