Thursday, September 15, 2011

God, Family, and Friends

 
A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
~ Walter Winchell ~

"One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin,
   but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." (Proverbs 18:24)

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend.
~ Albert Camus ~


"Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart,
   and the pleasantness of a friend
   springs from their heartfelt advice." (Proverbs 27:9)

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.
~ Desmond Tutu ~


The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” (Genesis 2:18)

Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible -- the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family.
~ Virginia Satir ~

"Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God."
(Romans 15:7)



As I grow, I realize the importance of each person entering my life.  Each is a gift from God.  He decides who comes in to our life, who stays and who may be better in the distance.  Cherish one another, help each other grow closer to God and extend hands of grace.  Keep God at the center of every relationship and pray for one another.

Ask God to use surrounding people to speak Truth into your life, and then share with the ones close to you of your struggles.  Find a safe place to be yourself, feel loved, accepted and comforted.  God created other people so we will not be physically alone in this world.  He realized His children needed physical comfort.  He chose each of us as vessels to be His hands and feet and build each other up.

Sometimes God uses friends to create a family and other times He uses family to create friends.  Either way, He builds a support system to love, trust, enjoy and comfort.

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for every person brought into my life.  I thank You for the family surrounding me.  Continue to keep our masks down and extend hands of grace to one another.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment