Thursday, September 8, 2011

He Leads Along Straight Paths

Yesterday I took a quiz in my class.  I studied every day prior to class for at least an hour.  I could tell you anything you needed to know about the topic.  The test came in front of me and I began reading the questions.  The wording of the questions tripped me up and I became a bit nervous about the result. 

The teacher allowed for a break in lecture and so I went in the hallway.  I suddenly felt a peace come over me and God wrapped His arms around me, squeezing tightly.  I praised Him right at that moment for loving me so much.  I thanked Him for providing all the comfort I need and reminding me that worth is found only through Him.  Whatever the outcome of the quiz, I still remained worthy in the eyes of our Creator! 

". . . He protected us on our entire journey and among all the nations through which we traveled." (Joshua 24:17)

"for he guards the course of the just
   and protects the way of his faithful ones." (Proverbs 2:8)

"Listen, my son, accept what I say,
   and the years of your life will be many.
I instruct you in the way of wisdom
   and lead you along straight paths.
When you walk, your steps will not be hampered;
   when you run, you will not stumble." (Proverbs 4:10-12)

God knows what circumstances lay ahead for us.  He goes before us and checks out the scene so to come and lead us in the right direction.  He guides us through the trials with His comfort or instructs us to avoid the whole situation by choosing another path. 

A parent examines a playground before allowing a child to play.  The parent checks for unsafe areas, debris which could cause a fall or broken equipment.  Once approved, the child may then go play. 

God does the same for us.  He ventures forward a bit to check for any pits, lies or obstacles placed ahead of us by Satan.  He comes to a decision of where our feet should go and comes back to report to us.  He makes our paths straight as we lean on Him for understanding.  The path He leads may not be the one we wanted, but it will be the right one. 

I believe God went ahead of me a bit and knew the result of my quiz will be less than I would have liked.  He knew that this instance would be one where Satan would come to steal my joy and tear me down.  Being that I invited God into my day and my class, He then played an active role in the situation.  He came to me before Satan could slither my way.  God comforted me and reminded me of His love and the worth I have in Him.  So, when I received my average grade, I remembered the hug, the comfort and the love from my Creator.  God reported back to me in that moment and said, "It is okay Sheree, let us go on forward.  Whatever trouble may come, I still love you and will protect your mind."

Invite God in your every moment so allowing Him to play an active role in the situation.  He never leaves nor forsakes you, but He loves to be invited, formally asked to come along with you.  He always accepts the invitation and He never lets you down.  Allow Him to check out the scenes ahead of you and report back with what tools are needed to persevere through.  Keep Satan at a distance, giving all authority to God; who wishes to protect your every step! 

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for running to me with open arms and reminding me of Your love before Satan could come in and attack.  Thank You for protection in my life and caring so much for little ole me to go before and check out the scene.  Continue to speak to me and provide the tools needed to combat the lies of Satan and avoid the pits he creates.  Come into my day today and spend every moment with me.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment