Thursday, January 1, 2015

He Extinguishes


I would like to take some time and share the lies which took hold of my life for 10 years.  The enemy works diligently to reignite some of these when troubled times arise in life.  Thankfully, God always speaks louder and His breath extinguishes. 

lie: people left/will leave you in life due to all the flaws outwardly and inwardly.
TRUTH:  “No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Joshua 1:5  Just as Joshua led others, so will I as a child of God.  I am unique, created for a purpose.  It is true that people left in the past and people will leave in the future. . .but not due to my flaws.  As I follow God and strive to be like Jesus each and every day, only beauty can display.  Perfection came only through One and remains unattainable by mankind. 

lie: pleasure/food/rewards must be earned.
TRUTH:  “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.  Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.  Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.” Galatians 5:22-25  Living by the Spirit as a Christian brings indescribable pleasure.  Simply being a part of His Kingdom places me in line for the greatest reward – Eternal life in Heaven.  Food fuels the body to function at its best.  Without proper nutrition, I cannot serve God.  God provides food for the physical body and food for the spiritual body to maintain health.   

lie:  performing the same routine each day will bring perfection and the same results.
TRUTH:  “he refreshes my soul.  He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.” Psalm 23:3  Each day is a new day.  God refreshes my soul with a good night’s rest to then lead me through a day’s worth of service.  He guides each step on the straight path leading to places unimagined.  Each day is an adventure and each night a reflection on the wonders He performed in my day.  My itinerary must be shredded allowing His plan to prevail.

These haunting lies rooted deeply into my thoughts, killing my soul.  Each branched off into a flourishing tree of more lies.  Each lie fed to the spiral into bondage.  Thankfully, God sent His only Son Jesus to cover all my past and wash it clean.  God’s Truth watered my soul, yet depleted the enemy’s roots of nourishment.  He carried me from bondage to freedom in one swoop.

But as I faithfully accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, the enemy worked harder to feed me lies in hopes to change the decision.  Here are just a couple.

lie:  I am unworthy of love, freedom or joy due to the ugly past behind me.
TRUTH:    “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.  I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’ . . .  ‘For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.” Luke 15:21;24  Just as the prodigal son’s return sent high praises through the house, so does a child coming to Jesus send high praises throughout Heaven.  No matter the past, I am worthy of His love, freedom from this world and unending joy.  Thank you Jesus for saying yes, setting the example of obedience and washing away the sins of ALL!

lie:  God’s love compares to the love received here on Earth.
TRUTH:  “Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.  This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.  This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.” 1 John 4:8-10  You cannot get a greater love than this. . .He is LOVE!  There is nothing I can do to make Him love me any more and nothing I can do to make Him love me any less.  It took years to grasp this thought and truly believe that through my flaws, He can still use me and love me beyond imagination.  God’s love is unconditional. . .human love is conditional.  The two cannot be compared.

Are there some lies creeping in your life today?  Take some time and bask in His Truth putting a stop to the enemy’s hold on your life.  Begin with the above Truth. . .the same goes for you as does me! 


Keep praying harder than the devil can work.  Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment