Sunday, January 11, 2015

NOW!


It has been a long, rough day.  I don’t feel like spending even 30 minutes in the kitchen to cook a meal for the family.  After passing numerous signs promising quick service to remove the burden of creating a healthy meal for my family, I cave.  Who wouldn't?  After all, one promise says “Real food”.  While another confirms I would make a great choice at a great price.  Also, after a long, rough day my flesh craves specific foods – and I must satisfy that craving, right?  Well, look no further, one of the signs even created a cravings menu to fulfill that emptiness!

The best thing about it all is the cost.  The cost does not empty the pocket book and I gain my time back when I get home (priceless).  What I could do with 30 minutes is endless.

Since that took such little time, I could also stop at the bank and pharmacy.  I could go in to the building, socialize and patiently wait to get all my needs met.  Nah!  The idea of driving through to receive all needed items sounds more appealing.  I can stay in my cozy vehicle without lifting a finger.  In and out within 10 minutes. 

On my last stretch home, I rehearse all the events waiting ahead.  How could I shave some time off all the little ‘things’ to do before supper?  Oh, I know, I can pick up the handy dandy smart phone to call home and give out orders for all to prepare the way for me.  That makes me happy!

The world offers happiness in 10 minutes or less!  If the world fails to live up to this promise, we have the right to throw fits, complain to a person of higher standing or refuse to use a service again.  Patience, kindness and love seem to move to the back burner if flesh receives less than desired results. 

I believe we are all guilty of the above scenarios.  I know I can speak for myself especially on the lack of patience waiting in line at a store.  Let me speak general terms here to include myself in this lesson.  We all want what we want and we want it NOW!  Why wait for something when the world offers means of receiving it faster – internet, email, text, cellphone, drive thru, etc.  I have even heard complaints when dining in a restaurant due to the required wait time to receive food.

We want everything fast.  This desire could easily spill over into our spiritual lives.  Fast breakthrough, speedy recovery, quick wisdom, accelerated accomplishments, etc.  There is no time to waste, right?

Oh, my dear friend, that statement is true but not by society’s definition.  There is no time that is wasted when given to God.  He will use every moment, leading you through His Truth to build the wisdom that will present a breakthrough.  Recovery will not come overnight (from any sin which binds you or health).  Accomplishments arise as we day by day listen to His Truth and walk the path laid for our lives.

But God can fix anything in no time flat, right?  Can’t He see how long and rough this life has been?  Does He not realize the turmoil resulting from this storm?

He does, my dear friend.  He cares so much about you that He will not leave you in the storm.  He will heal the brokenness.  He understands the hardships and knows full well that your actions/decisions were not necessarily what brought on the trials and tribulations in life.  Go to Truth – James 1:2-5 ; 1 Peter 1:6-8 ; Deuteronomy 7:19-21.  Learn each day, renewing and refining your spirit and become the child God created!  His promises ring true every time.  The best part – it is FREE!  He already paid the cost through the death of His only Son Jesus!  He paid it all for you and for me.

The world offers happiness in 10 minutes or less!  But, have you really counted the cost?  Yes, at the moment it ‘feels’ good and satisfies; yet, the future quickly reveals the cost.  Damaging effects physically and emotionally develop over time.  Let us not allow our spirits to be damaged.  Patiently approach God and listen.  He reveals the work being done.  He meets you exactly where you are and lovingly guides you toward His Kingdom.  His Word develops a sturdy foundation that will not crumble under tense circumstances.  God’s offers lasting happiness, not gained in 10 minutes or less only to falter quickly in the future. 


Keep praying harder than the devil can work.  
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment