Thursday, January 8, 2015

Sitting on the Edge of the Seat?



I sat on the edge of the seat after checking in at the desk.  I held all required paperwork tightly in one hand and phone in the other for time check.  I hoped for a quick in and out visit.  Highly unlikely at a doctor’s office; especially when being a walk up visit.  I just needed a TB screening read to complete paperwork for school. 

Each time the door swung open and a lovely nurse peeped out to call a name, I sat up a little higher in hopes to hear mine.  I watched the population of the waiting room dwindle, leaving me alone to sit and twiddle my thumbs.  I picked up a magazine to try and pass time.  My thoughts consumed with worry, frustration and impatience.  It seems so difficult to be patient as a patient – CHEESY, I know!  

I needed to proceed on with my day and complete my itinerary.  The doctor’s office did not understand and left me waiting for what seemed like hours (it was no more than 40 minutes).  With all my ducks in a row, I would be fast as lightning with the nurse.  Why couldn’t they just call me back and get this over with?  It was my turn; I arrived before many of the others already called back.  As I fidgeted in my seat, the receptionist noticed I had not been called back yet.  She confirmed with the nurses to assure their knowledge of a patient waiting for a TB read.  My day lay at the mercy of the nurse’s schedule.  I lost control and increased in worry, frustration and impatience.  I couldn’t let it go and trust it would all work out. . .

Are you sitting on the edge of your seat right now?  Are you waiting for a door to open, hoping your name is called and your turn come to move on in the world?  Each time a door opens; someone else passes you by and enters.  Their name was called although YOU were ready with all your ducks in a row.  Why can’t it be you?  You are certain the current position held is not for you; therefore, unhappiness consumes each day spent at the office, school or home.  Each thought leads to depression, sadness, frustration and worry that your time will never come.  The current situation seems irrelevant in YOUR life plan.  God must have something better and bigger in store.  Isn’t it time yet God?  Can’t He see the perfect itinerary YOU created?  Can’t this season in life get over with?  Others called to better, bigger things arrived after us, haven’t done as much as us or don’t deserve the life dealt, right?

What do we do?  We fidget in our seats, ignore commands from God in the current season and miss out on the learning required before the door can be opened.  We try to pass time with meaningless tasks and fleshly pleasures.  God asks for us to be content in any and every situation.  Did you catch that? -> EVERY situation!  Nothing we go through is meaningless when we ask God to come with us.  He holds huge plans to further His Kingdom right where you are today.  Discontent in current situations lets God know that we cannot handle anything bigger than this.  He patiently waits for the work to be done, holding His hand out for us to give ALL of it to Him.  It is not up to us when OUR door will open.  He may be saving us from lots of turmoil, stress and frustration by keeping us in our current situation and not allowing advancement through the door we believe is best for our lives.

You can serve God right where you are!  Daily, He places those around us who need to see Him, hear Him and gain a relationship with Him.  His light and example cannot shine through frustrated, discontent, sad or stressed people.  He needs our hearts to be consumed with Him and His Truth.  His Truth will set us free from worry and anxiety.  His Truth will confirm that He holds huge plans for our future, intends to provide hope and prosperity.  He will never leave nor forsake us.  He will work all situations out for His good.  He will complete the work began in our lives and carry us to receive the prize.  The prize. . .that is what it all revolves around.  Each step taken with eyes on Him brings us closer to the prize.  Take a moment and imagine it!  All this here is only preparation for our Eternal life with Him.  Are you taking every opportunity to prepare or are you too focused on YOUR plan, waiting for that door to open?  Let go and let God.  Rid yourself of yourself and become His obedient child.  Love where you are at and be amazed at where He will take you.

AND. . .
Keep praying harder than the devil can work.

Sheree Craig  


No comments:

Post a Comment