Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Obedience in Action

The Parable of the Two Sons
    “What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today in the vineyard.’
   “‘I will not,’ he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.
   “Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, ‘I will, sir,’ but he did not go.
   “Which of the two did what his father wanted?”
   “The first,” they answered.
   Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.  For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him. (Matthew 21:28-32)

Did you catch that?  The first son denied his father initially, but changed his heart and obeyed.  The second son complied to his father's wishes initially, but did not obey or live up to his promise. 

We must be careful to not fall in the category with the second son.  We may tell our Father we will do what He asks or follow Him anywhere, only to find ourselves later doing the complete opposite.  God asks us to give our mind, body and souls to Him.  Doing so displays a wholehearted servant.  There are no if's or but's.  He wants our word, our faith and our belief to be solid.  He wants to see these through our actions.

Do you preach the Word, spreading Truth to others you meet, but do not live it when no one else is looking?  Let us live up to the words we speak at all times.  Let us serve our Father as the first son did his father in the parable above.  Yes, he denied his father first and said no, BUT he changed his heart and did what was right in the end.  Let us continue to check our actions and assure they line up with His Will.  It is then, through our actions, that we spread His Truth wholeheartedly!

Repent of old ways and see the light that God so desperately wants for you.  Humble yourselves before our God and follow His path for your life.  His path leads to Heaven.  Through Him all things are possible.  Seek His Word, believe and follow.  Obey the commands given and promise to serve Him daily. 

God, thank you for another day.  Thanks for the forgiveness of my sins through the blood of Your Son.  I am here to serve You through my actions and in my words.  May I be Your hands and feet at all times, for I know You are watching and guiding me.  Though I may stumble and lose strength, falling short of Your glory each day; I know You are there to lift me up, provide strength and forgive all my weaknesses.  I come to You with all my heart.  I believe in You and trust You.  Show me what I must do for You and where I must go for You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

  

No comments:

Post a Comment