Monday, January 16, 2012

Bring Order to Chaos

God began with an empty, chaotic and darkened earth.  What needs done first?  Well, He needed light to see.  He separated the darkness from the light to create day and night on the first day.  The second day begins and He completes the next task, separating water above from water below, a sky. 

The third day comes and He decides to let dry ground be revealed by gathering the waters in specific areas, the sea.  The land needed vegetation, so He brought forth seed-bearing plants and trees to cover it.  Day three completed.  The fourth and fifth day consisted of filling the night sky with stars and a moon, the morning sky with sun, creatures filled the seas and birds flew in the air.  The days and nights will mark sacred times, days and years.  The earth looked good in God's eyes.  His image of creation arose.  But, wait; something was missing. 

He saved the best for last - mankind.  He created mankind in His image.  He planned mankind to rule over the earth.  He gave every green plant for food.  He provided for all our needs, leaving no detail out and then presented it to mankind.  

Wow, this is a lot of work to complete in six days.  Our God is dedicated, precise, a planner, patient and a God of order.  He put forth all creation from His image and it all came together perfectly.  Without a piece in its proper place, creation would not work effectively.  Without all performing as He planned, creation would lose its purpose.  God is perfect and assures all He does is good.  God is the Lord over all creation.  He oversees everything and works all things out for the good of those who love Him. 

So, I have one question for us to ponder; who manages your life?  

Unfortunately, on most days, I would say, "I do."  I planned out the itinerary for the day, made the appointments, prepared the items needed to accomplish my tasks, placed the tasks in order by time and began checking off the list the moment I woke up.  Well, I have it all wrong.  No wonder I am filled with anxiety due to all the running I do from here to there and the pressure I feel to have everything in its place.  Though I write out a "to do" list on pretty little paper and check off items as I go; I am out of control. 

Each day we begin with a blank paper, with 24 hours lying ahead.  How will we spend them?  Running around in utter chaos, needing a list to remember if we completed everything?  Packing so much in the 24 hours that we lose our true purpose here?  Speeding through the hours, only to find out that we forgot the most important thing we set out to do that day? 

How about we place our blank paper and every hour of the day in God's hands?  He is the best manager of time and knows exactly how to bring order to chaos (proof in Genesis 1:1-27).  He knows the plans for each of us.  We do not know of these plans; but, we do know they are for prosperity and good, not harm!  Wake up, look up, give it up and reach up!  He will provide all you need to fulfill HIS PLAN for the next 24 hours.  Trust Him, for He knows what He is doing.  Join me, from this point forward, to seek Him for answers on how to live out our lives here.  Place Him in the center of the day, and all the details will fall into place. 

God, thank you for another 24 hours to serve you.  I am at a loss today and know not what my plans consist of for this day.  I give my blank paper to You.  I give my every minute to You.  Guide me and move me down Your path for my life.  I am not here to clean a house, get a degree, receive a check, be a certain size or manage my life.  I am here only to serve You with all my heart, mind and soul.  I come to You today with open arms and I reach for Your hand.  Walk with me today and teach me the way to go!  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig           

No comments:

Post a Comment