Monday, January 30, 2012

Not to be Taken Lightly

If we give up and turn our backs on all we've learned, all we've been given, all the truth we now know, we repudiate Christ's sacrifice and are left on our own to face the Judgment—and a mighty fierce judgment it will be! If the penalty for breaking the law of Moses is physical death, what do you think will happen if you turn on God's Son, spit on the sacrifice that made you whole, and insult this most gracious Spirit? This is no light matter. God has warned us that he'll hold us to account and make us pay. He was quite explicit: "Vengeance is mine, and I won't overlook a thing" and "God will judge his people." Nobody's getting by with anything, believe me.
(The Message Hebrews 10:26-31)

But you need to stick it out, staying with God's plan so you'll be there for the promised completion.

   It won't be long now, he's on the way;
      he'll show up most any minute.
   But anyone who is right with me thrives on loyal trust;
      if he cuts and runs, I won't be very happy.
But we're not quitters who lose out. Oh, no! We'll stay with it and survive, trusting all the way.
(The Message Hebrews 10:36-39)

Our God remains the same - Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow.  God is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent!  He created everything and intends for His Creations to follow Him.  If defiance occurs or we deny our freedom found only through His Son, punishment cannot be avoided.  Judgment Day will come.  This day will not be taken lightly.

Are you ready for that day, that hour?  Do you remember those days when you decided to do something you knew was wrong and then hide it from your parents?  You knew that if the truth came out about your actions, grounding would be the least of your troubles.  These are your parents, human individuals, here on Earth and their punishments seemed irrational.  Their reactions displayed extreme anger.  Now, can you imagine approaching our Creator on Judgment Day, knowing you denied Him each day He gave life to you?

Growing up, your parents fell for the excuses and sad stories; they let some actions slip through the cracks to avoid an outbreak of emotions.  You may have even been sly enough to successfully hide the whole situation for years.  I have told on myself (now as an adult) about things I did as a young child or teen.  My parents seemed shocked, but only brushed it off (since now grounding me to my room would feel like a reward).  I remember other times, that I would bat my eyes, cry a little bit and play dumb as though I was not aware of the outcome of my actions.  Worked like a charm!

Well, my friend, God is not our Earthly parents.  He does not accept anything less than wholehearted devotion and acceptance of the sacrifice given through His Son.  He gave His only Son to die for our sins.  Jesus washed away EVERY SIN.  How can we deny Him?  How can we wake up in the morning and not even acknowledge the One who provides every breath we intake?  How can we just give up during a trial or troubled season in life?  Jesus is the Way, Truth and Life.  No one will come to know the Father except through Jesus.  Accepting Him as our Lord and Savior brings us through every situation and allows for the life intended for us to live. 

God is omnipresent (everywhere at all times) and omniscient (all knowing).  Nothing is hidden from Him.  He knows our hearts and every action taken throughout every day.  He will not fall for excuses, such as, "I was too busy for You" or "I felt inadequate to live for You" or "I was going to accept Your Son as my Savior tomorrow."  He will not brush off sin left without repentance.  He commands that you take all sin to the cross, repent, be Baptized and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior over your life.  Jesus washes you clean.  Savior?  From what?  God's Wrath!  Jesus shows us the way to spend an eternity coexistenting with our God.  Without Jesus leading our lives and the Holy Spirit consuming our whole being, we follow a path leading to destruction.  Jesus waits, come follow the path leading to Heaven.

God is omnipotent (all powerful).  Judgment Day is nearing and God will bring punishment, wrath onto those who did not follow Him and denied His Son.  Are you ready?  Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and live in a way that follows God's teaching and commands in the Bible.  A place will be prepared for you in Heaven.

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for providing freedom from all my sin through the blood of Your Son.  I am here to serve You.  Teach me, guide me and give me the necessary words to spread the Gospel.  Use me as a vessel to further Your Kingdom.  I know my ways are exposed to You and please forgive me for any offensive ways that lay within my heart.  Reveal them to me so that I may keep my feet travelling on the straight path.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment