Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Little Thinker

We wrap up our evenings by reading to our children.  One particular evening, I read and began looking at a teaching pamphlet my son received at Wednesday night church.  The teacher hands out this pamphlet for the children to learn and memorize a Scripture.  A section, entitled 'Finish the Phrase', contained the quote, "Blessed are those who have _______ seen and yet believed."  I read this aloud and waited for my son to answer.  Quickly, he shouted, "NOT". 

I stopped there and elaborated on the phrase (see more in John 20:24-29).  I explained, though we do not physically see God in human form, we believe.  We CAN see His great works, feel His mighty hand and know He will do what His Word promises.  We believe, though we have not seen!

My son came up with the PERFECT analogy, all on his own.  He said, "Okay, so it is like wind.  We cannot see wind, but we know what it does, see the affects and feel its presence."  I grinned from ear to ear.  This analogy was awesome.  I loved the explanation and it makes total sense.  That little man of mine is a thinker.

So, let me elaborate even further and throw in a few more analogies. . .

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:17-18)

"Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you,
   who walk in the light of your presence, LORD.
They rejoice in your name all day long;
   they celebrate your righteousness."  (Psalm 89:15-16)

We cannot see heat, but feel comfort from a warm house on a cold day!
We cannot see air, but must breathe it to remain alive!
We cannot see energy, but do see the affects of its power!

I think you get it by now.  So, let us put this all in perspective.  We do not see God in physical form, BUT He comforts us always, keeps us alive and we feel the affects of His might power every day.  Not a moment goes by that He is not present.  He opens the eyes of the blind to see His might hand in every situation. 

Books exist to explain heat, wind, air and energy.  We gain wisdom to realize when these things are present, the impact each has on our lives and know each are real.  Well, God provided the Bible for all to read and learn more about Him and recognize His presence.  Inside those pages, wonderful news, wisdom and insight can be found.  Pick one up today and see for yourself.  He will fill your heart with love, comfort and unexplainable peace.

Believe in the unseen, for He is Eternal life!  Believe in the unseen, for you will be blessed!

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for using my son to teach me so much about You.  Continue to work in his heart and fill him with You.  Help me never cease in seeking Your Truth and recognizing Your presence.  Thank You for being the great God that You are in my life.  Thank You for being omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig      

No comments:

Post a Comment