Friday, January 20, 2012

My son and His Son

Eight years ago, today, a child was born in Dearborn County.  He came into this world with a purpose, unknown to him at the time.  An 8 pound 5 ounce child came that day at 5:54pm as a gift from our God.  He knew not of the plans ahead.  He knew not of the joy brought from the simple presence of his face.  He was something special.

Although I did not attend this miraculous event; this young baby changed everything in my life.  I knew of his birth, but not of his purpose.  I failed to clearly see the plans set for this child to impact my life. 

Eight months after his birth, I experienced unexplainable joy from the simple presence of his face.  I knew he was something special.  The place he would hold in my heart became obvious from the start.  He began to fulfill his purpose on that day.  He filled the heart of a lost and empty young woman with love beyond compare.  His plan intertwined with mine.  I thank God for crossing our paths.

This little boy is my son.  God creates families according to His plan and purpose.  Sometimes families come along and bind together in a different way than what man sees fit.  Man believes the baby born ought to live with the one giving birth and the other half of the equation.  Well, God views things differently sometimes and He turns all things to work for the good of those who love Him.  Eight years ago, minus eight months, God turned a situation to coincide with His plan. 

"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory." (Ephesians 1:11-12)

My son brings so much to my life.  He teaches me daily about love, laughter, patience, responsibility and motivation.  He displays artistic ability, observation, quick learning, a desire for God and a love for sports.  He may not see his purpose or plan, but I see clearly why God blessed me with him.  Without my son, I would be lost, empty and walking down the wrong path.  My son changed my life and I thank God everyday for this gift.

Our God not only gave me a son to enjoy and love here on Earth, He also gave His only Son to die for me as a gift.  The birth and death of His Son changed my life completely.  Without His only Son, given as a free gift, I would be lost, empty and walking down the wrong path. 

Although I did not attend the miraculous birth of Jesus, this young boy changed everything.  I knew of His birth, but did not see the clear purpose until a few years ago.  My eyes were blind to the impact of this birth.  Thank you God for this gift and opening my eyes to His purpose. 

Join me today in celebrating my son's life.  He has lived eight fabulous years.  Also, join me today, and every day following, in celebrating His Son's life.  Open your hearts and let the joy of Him fill you.  Let His face shine upon you and bring unexplainable joy.  Accept Him as your Lord and Savior.

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for sending me a son here to love, comfort, enjoy and raise to follow You.  Guide me each day to teach Truth and set the example for my son to follow.  Thank You for sending Your only Son to live, set an example and die for my sins.  My words cannot express the gratitude I have for these gifts given.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig   

No comments:

Post a Comment