Thursday, January 5, 2012

Enduring Each Season of Life

I dread the cold winters.  My blood pressure remains low; so, the cold weather increases the chill I experience regularly due to BP.  I spend most of my time throughout the day trying to stay warm.  I find it hard to function.  I would much rather bundle up in my robe and blanket and remain still for the day.  I am not really worth a hoot during the cold months.  I become so exhausted trying to get warm.  It feels impossible to survive the day.

My van dreads the cold winters about as much as I do.  The cold engine has a difficult time functioning correctly.  I must allow enough time for my van to warm up or driving may become risky.  If the engine is cold, the accelerator refuses to do its job and the gages will give up and fail to work.  The van lacks the power to work under such terrible conditions.   

I believe my van and I would rather bypass this season and begin the summer months.  

So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.
You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. (Hebrews 10:35-36)

He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:20)

Although I would love to live only the warm months and remain comfortable, I know I cannot.  My van also must endure the cold months.  Outside circumstances, beyond my control cannot cause me to give up.  I need to learn what I must do to persevere; layer my clothing, take hot showers, drink something warm, and try to avoid the outside for long periods of time.  My van must be kept in tiptop shape to survive the winter.  It needs proper care; oil changes, tires with good tread, full tank of gas, etc.

In order for us to fulfill our purpose in life and not give up, we must refuse to allow outside circumstances, the evil in this world, to alter our faith and perseverance.  Though many trials will come in this lifetime, God never leaves our side.  He remains the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  He provides strength to endure, learn, increase faith and uses those times we experience to help others.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.  This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones." (Proverbs 3:5-8) 

Our physical health plays a huge role in surviving hardships.  Our bodies must be at the level of health God intends to better endure hardships.  Give God your menu plan each day, your level of activity, your addiction to toxins and the contents that fill your mind.  He knows what is best for each of His children.  He will help you eat right, exercise properly, avoid harmful ingestions and provide Truth to fill your thoughts.  Then, you are better equipped to face any trials that may come.  He is with us and will take care of us!

I believe we all would love to live only the good times in life and remain comfortable.  Sorry, this is not what God intends.  He wants to grow our faith, strengthen our walk and shine His light through us under the most difficult circumstances.  Some days may feel impossible to survive or you feel lacking in strength to endure such terrible conditions; but, take heart He has overcome the world.  The battle is already won and He who is in you is greater than anything this world will throw at you!

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for all the tools to survive, endure and persevere.  Continue to teach me the necessary steps to function and fulfill Your plan on my life.  Keep me nourished.  I give my meal plan to You today to fill my body with enough food for me.  I give you my activity level so I may not exceed the amount of movement for my body frame.  Feed me Your Word constantly so I may keep my spirit filled.  I trust in You for You created me and know what is best for my life.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment