Wednesday, January 4, 2012

He will Respond

My daughter spends most of each day asking questions.  She will inquire about anything unfamiliar to her so to better understand a new concept, situation or item.  She will send out requests often for a snack, drink or specific toy.  Upon leaving the house, she will call upon me for socks, shoes, coat and security blanket (we dare not leave home without it).  I quickly respond to each inquiry to appease my daughter.

My day consists of losing, forgetting and dropping items.  I lose my keys, my 'to do' list, my cell
phone (yes, I have called it from our land line many of times) and my patience multiple times throughout a 24 hour period.  I will walk into a room and forget the very reason I went in there.  At work, I will drop everything I touch.  Numerous times throughout my shift I drop coin from a transaction.  My day also consists of seeking those lost items, racking my brain to remember what I am to do and closely scanning my perimeter to find items dropped.  More often than not, all things are found and completed.

My husband will not let anything get past him.  He would not walk past a door without opening it to see what lies on the other side.  He tries new things, figures out solutions to problems and remains confident in any task presented to him.  He succeeds more than not.  If he avoided trying or feared stepping out in the unknown, then very little would be accomplished.  He gives every situation and task 100% effort.

Where am I going with this one? . . .

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." (Matthew 7:7-8) 

‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’ (Jeremiah 33:3)

"But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul." (Deuteronomy 4:29)

"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.  Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is." (Ephesians 5:15-17) 

Call to God always.  Ask Him for guidance.  Seek wisdom from His Word.  Listen closely, with all your heart, mind and soul to clearly understand His answers.  Once the answer is clear, do not fear the unknown.  Take every opportunity given, every open door presented and each moment lived to fulfill your purpose.  God will clearly show you the way when you ask, seek and open doors!

God waits to for you to come to Him.  He will respond to questions and concerns.  He will come to you as you pursue Him.  He will provide opportunities for you and not leave you without purpose.  These are promises found in His Word.  He fulfills all of His promises, so relax and believe in Him to provide, be present and allow favorable circumstances.  Trust in Him will all your heart and live in His timing, not yours.  Open that door to the unknown with the full confidence in God!   

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for the opportunity to work and serve You.  I am here to obey Your commands and step out into the unknown without question.  I know You will provide strength through every situation and make all things work for the good.  Thanks for listening to me, being present every moment and guiding me to fulfill my purpose in this life.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment