Monday, October 17, 2011

Which Ride is Right for You?

 A local amusement park just finished the best roller coaster around.  The hype from commercials increased the excitement to experience this roller coaster.  You purchased tickets online, took a vacation day at work and prepared the family to go enjoy the day at an amusement park. 

As the vehicle approaches the park all eyes glue to the huge coaster seen from the parking lot.  Excitement bubbles inside and you almost jump out of the vehicle running to the gates.  Of course, the moment your foot steps through the gate, you walk directly to the line and wait patiently for your turn.  As the previous passengers exit, your time comes.  You imagine the wind blowing in your face, the fun curves, the downhill then uphill travel and now completely fill with enthusiasm.  This will be the best adventure ever.

The cars fill up quickly, but one remains.  The rest of the family would need to catch the next ride or you wait with them and allow another person to ride.  No way, you cannot wait one more minute.  So, you situate yourself in the seat and wave goodbye to them.  The ride starts rather slow; a few turns and a small hill.  Then, the cars accelerate and the hills become bigger, the twists and turns more frequent.  Soon, you feel out of control and unprepared for all the dangers of the ride.  The whole idea was a mistake and now you do not even have your family with you to help in this chaos.  Your excitement quickly turns to fear and joy to misery.

Do you ever feel like life turned into a roller coaster?

At first, decisions appear just right, excitement builds upon beginning a new adventure and all seems well; but, suddenly it changes.  Twists and turns appear that were not accounted for when mapping out this plan.  The acceleration through the adventure exceeds anything you ever imagined.  Worse, loved ones did not sign up for the same experience.  All sight of them is lost and you feel stuck on this ride in life with no end in sight.  How can you scream loud enough for anyone who cares to hear?

"In my distress I called to the LORD;
   I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
   my cry came before him, into his ears." (Psalm 18:6)

"I call on you, my God, for you will answer me;
   turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.
Show me the wonders of your great love,
   you who save by your right hand
   those who take refuge in you from their foes." (Psalm 17:6-7)

He will hear.  Sometimes we choose the wrong path, though it seemed so right for our life.  God will carry you from the chaos, mess and danger; then, lead you to the path He planned.  Cry to Him, calmly listen and believe He will answer.  Your prayers do not go unheard when lifted up to Him with a genuine heart.  He knows our hearts and desires.  He sees our faith and will save you from distress. 

Roller coasters are not for everyone.  Amusement parks develop all kinds of rides to meet every visitors needs.  A list of warnings appears before boarding the rides.  Pay attention to those warnings.  Listen to your heart and pray for clarity on which ride to board in life.  God sends clear signs of which direction and path to take; you must be still and pay attention.  Walk in obedience so to prevent risk of dangerous twists and turns in life.  Be prepared for every situation by approaching hand in hand with God. 

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for clearing showing me where to turn in life.  Though it may be difficult to exit the previous roller coaster, I know another ride better suits Your desires for my life.  I failed to see the warning signs and for that, I am sorry.  I never liked roller coasters, yet thought this one was different.  Thank You for saving me so I did not continue.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment