Friday, October 21, 2011

Everlasting Light

Rain and cool winds consumed each day this week.  The weather not only causes me to avoid stepping outside, but also puts a damper on my spirit.  I would rather run back to bed, pull out my current book and slip under the covers for a comfortable afternoon.  AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

Life continues, my daughter still needs my attention, my son must go on to school, my husband must go on to work and I must fulfill my purpose for the day.  Fighting against the enticing thoughts to avoid the day totally behind a good book can become exhausting.  The battle continues through every hour.

'God has delivered me from going down to the pit,
   and I shall live to enjoy the light of life.’ (Job 33:28)

"Let those who love the LORD hate evil,
   for he guards the lives of his faithful ones
   and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.
Light shines on the righteous
   and joy on the upright in heart.
Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous,
   and praise his holy name." (Psalm 97:10-12)

"The sun will no more be your light by day,
   nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you,
for the LORD will be your everlasting light,
   and your God will be your glory." (Isaiah 60:19)

So, I took a stand and did not allow darkened days to pull me deep in the pit.  I cranked up the Christian music and rejoiced because God is bigger and brighter than the darkest of days.  Hiding under the covers will only allow Satan a foothold which could lead to a stronghold.  Going through the day battling to stay positive becomes exhausting; allow God to battle.

Life can create whirlwinds of chaos every day.  Each negative blow to our spirit may consume our attitude and outlook.  Satan uses anything he can to destroy our joy and create numerous pits on our path.  But, guess what?  God's light, His Truth and His friendship overpowers any lie brought in by the enemy and cover up any pit.  The battle is His, not ours.  Give it to God.

I have encountered too many times where my foot began to slip in a pit and I would take a peak into the pit to see what is down there.  Sometimes, I even fell in without realizing it because what I saw seemed easier than the battle of going around the pit and continuing on the path set before me.  The pit was dark and gloomy.  I quickly recognized the mistake I made of choosing this decision.  I see no light; how do I get out of here? 

Reach your arms up as high as they go, turn your face to God and His light brings you from all darkness surrounding your life.  He is the answer.  God's Word never brings rainy days.  His presence always dispenses light.  Allow God's love to save and keep you out of the pits.

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for being light, though storms appear outside.  Thank You for allowing Your Truth to bring from any pit and set my foot right to follow the path for my life.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment