Saturday, October 22, 2011

Listen to Every Word from Him

I receive daily emails from a local Christian radio with one Scripture attached.  I read in a daily devotion when I wake up in the morning.  I will open up my current study and the topic fits perfectly with my current situation.  It amazes me how God speaks so clearly through these means to answer my prayer or guide me in a direction I had been confused on at the time. 

"Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the LORD your God disciplines you.
Observe the commands of the LORD your God, walking in obedience to him and revering him.  For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land—a land with brooks, streams, and deep springs gushing out into the valleys and hills;  a land with wheat and barley, vines and fig trees, pomegranates, olive oil and honey;  a land where bread will not be scarce and you will lack nothing; a land where the rocks are iron and you can dig copper out of the hills.
When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the LORD your God for the good land he has given you." (Deuteronomy 8:5-10)

If I choose to read these in the morning and ignore, I fail to walk in obedience.  If I choose to only read the ones which make me feel good about myself and skip over the life-changing ones, I fail to grow.  God disciplines as well as comforts.  Obeying His command and Words may cause some discomfort to our flesh.  But, His Word and Truth are the only Way to follow.  Being obedient to Him fulfills our purpose in life. 

Feed your spirit with His Truth and focus on the messages He has for your life.  At every moment, good or bad, He wants to speak to you.  He wants to have a conversation with you to help, guide and discipline.  Some things in life are tough.  Seek Him for answers, learn and grow with each situation.

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for loving me and guiding me each step along my path.  Thank You for taking care of my life and planning out every detail to fit Your plan for me.  Use me every day and in any way to spread Your Truth so others may see the goodness of You.  Thank You for healing every hurt and disciplining every sin.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment