Monday, October 10, 2011

No More Hiding!

My children love to play hide and seek in the house.  One counts to ten while the other goes and hides among our clothes, in a cabinet, a closet, behind a door or under a desk.  Depending on the seeker, it could take a while for the other to be found.  Typically, my three year old repeatedly hides in the same place or screams out her location as my son seeks.  My son will find a good place and sit quietly when it is his turn to hide.  We usually help our daughter find him by pointing in his direction.  Sometimes he will make a noise to help her and give a hint to his position in the house. 

The rules for hide and seek twist a bit when the Craig kids play.  My daughter will ask, once done counting, "Brayson, where are you?"  Either she really does not understand the whole hiding thing or strategize to trip him up, causing him to yell out, "I am right here!"  There are times when my son directs my daughter to a hiding place.  Since he is the seeker, this point of play goes against the rules as well.  The whole process is rather comical.

"But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.  When you are in distress and all these things have happened to you, then in later days you will return to the LORD your God and obey him." (Deuteronomy 4:29-30)  

"Look to the LORD and his strength;
   seek his face always." (1 Chronicles 16:11)
 

In our life, we may find a hiding place.  Whether it be isolation in our homes, an addiction or numbing out through things OF this world.  Those hiding places bring comfort and ways to avoid a tough situation.  Our reactions fall into a pattern and we repeatedly run to our hiding spot.  If we run to others first for an answer, we may follow their ways and be lead in the wrong direction.  This increases the risk for the enemy to find us and destroy. 

I believe my kids way of hide and seek can serve as an example of the way we should handle situations.  Hang with me here. . .

We must seek Him first.  He is the Way, Truth and Life (see John 14:6).  Through accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior and seeking Him with all our heart, we live an abundant life.  Just as my daughter screams out her location so her brother may find her quickly; God yells out to us loudly for us to come His way if only we choose to seek Him.  Cry out His name, throw your hands up to Him and surrender all of your life to Him.  He cares so much about you and will not leave you to sit in hiding.  He will meet you and comfort you. 

There will be times when your cries are heard and He quickly sends a believer to point you in His direction.  They come to guide you to His Truth and open your eyes.  Clear vision helps you walk in the right direction.  Walking with Him creates peace in life and eliminates hiding spots.  Create a strategy to keep the lies out and recognize the schemes of our enemy.  Take a stand against those lies and keep focus on God!  Doing so removes hiding as an option.

God, thank you for this day.  May I eliminate any hiding place I created when living in bondage.  Keep my eyes focused and my ears attentive to Your Truth.  Thank You for guiding my feet and loving me through every part of my journey.  Your Word brings comfort, peace and joy.  I am sorry for hiding so many years from You.  I will seek You daily with my whole heart and I believe You will provide the strength needed to complete the plans for my life.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment