Thursday, October 6, 2011

Mind, Body and Spirit

Comfort comes in many forms:

-A shady spot on a hot day.
-A warm meal after a long day at work.
-A cup of hot chocolate after playing in the snow.
-Watching a child sleep.
-Watching the sunset or sunrise.
-Feeling the arms of a loved one wrapped around you.

All these provide comfort physically, mentally and emotionally.  The comfort received lasts but only a while.  Something appears absent in the instances above; one piece of the puzzle not quite present.  

"he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
   for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
   through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
   they comfort me." (Psalm 23:3-4)

"My comfort in my suffering is this:
   Your promise preserves my life." (Psalm 119:50)

"Do you not know?
   Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom." (Isaiah 40:28)
 

 
Your spirit must be fed.  How do you find that true, complete comfort? 

God provides.  He comes to comfort your mind, body and spirit.  He does not pick and choose where to give peace.  Your whole being comes to know unity through Him as you accept Him into your life.  Run to Him for comfort.  He will bring the very thing needed to calm the situation.  Scriptures will feed your starving spirit.

He is the center piece in the puzzle of life.  Then, all other pieces come together to bring serenity, joy and well-being.  His promises never fail.  His love never changes.  His presence never temporary.  No matter the bump, hurdle or mountain in life; He will be there to see you through.  He never grows tired of weary and his understanding exceeds any we can imagine.  God is comfort!

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for the peace brought in all situations.  Though trials and sadness may strike, I rejoice for I know You will be there to comfort and love.  Thank You for always understanding and teaching me the way to go.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment