Tuesday, October 18, 2011

His Light Shines to Burn Away the Fog

One day the fog lay low to the road and created difficult driving for our family as we headed to church.  Luckily, I was simply a passenger and did not undergo the stress of trying to see where the lines separated the lanes.  Headlights did not even break through the fog to guide our way.  My husband just drove careful without any real understanding of what could come next or what moves might be needed to keep safe.

Our thoughts may come in from time to time like a fog over the road.  Outside influences, troubling times or bondages hinder our ability to even come up with words to pray.  We lose sight of where the lines mark our path.  Straining our eyes, asking everyone we meet for advice or isolation does not break through the fog and get us out. 

What clears up fog?  Sunlight!  Once the temperature reaches just right, the fog lifts.

"The LORD is God,
   and he has made his light shine on us.
With boughs in hand, join in the festal procession
   up to the horns of the altar. 
You are my God, and I will praise you;
   you are my God, and I will exalt you." (Psalm 118:27-28) 

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.  And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God." (Romans 8:26-27) 

Though fog surrounds, it does not need to consume our every being.  Reach up to God.  In those times, we know not what to even pray for or about because we cannot see clearly.  Guess what?  The Holy Spirit intercedes for us and asks God to help in weakness.  God shines upon situations to open eyes, wipe tears and burns off those thoughts by feeding our spirit with His Truth. 

I have experienced many moments when the words just could not come out for prayer.  I felt so deep in a pit, I just could not muster up the words to get out.  I remained confused, with no sight of where my feet should move.  I sat quietly and simply lifted the words, "God, I need You!"  The Holy Spirit ran to the rescue and turned those words into exactly what prayer lay deep in my heart; a prayer I did not know existed.  Only God knew my heart.  Only God knew what plans lay ahead of all this chaos.  He leads to the path with your name on it.  Only His light can break the fog and place you in safety!

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for lighting the way.  I know as I walk, holding tightly to Your hand, I am led to safety.  Sometimes words cannot be said, but You know the plans for my life and I trust Your guidance.  May I always sit quietly with You to receive teaching, comfort and guidance.  Thank You for loving me so much to pave a life of peace by sacrificing Your only Son to die for little ole me.  I love You!

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment