Thursday, October 27, 2011

Overload

My son missed a day of school, so he brought home all the make-up work.  The pile was a pretty good size for a seven year old to complete.  He sat down after school and began to answer each question/equation.  He grew weary and called out to me for answers so he could get up and play. 

Later, he came to me with a tough question.  I helped him by challenging his thoughts to come up with the correct answer.  He knew the answers, but was just not sure how to get there.  This page was his last and he said he could not think anymore.  His brain activity reached capacity for the day.  He experienced brain overload! 

"My soul is weary with sorrow;
   strengthen me according to your word.
Keep me from deceitful ways;
   be gracious to me and teach me your law." (Psalm 119:28-29)

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:28-29) 

Do you ever grow tired and weary?  Tired of being physically sick, working overtime, endless cleaning in your home or studying a new concept.  Weary of pain, constant emotional struggles, sadness or continued condemnation.  Our mind, soul and body must receive rest.  Should we wear ourselves too thin, our efforts and actions may become deficient.  Mind and soul overload may creep up on our lives.  Seek God to be in tune with the required rest for yourself. 

My son could not think straight due to working his mind too much.  He needed a break from learning and thinking to just be.  God asks us to obey His commands and complete the tasks laid before us.  He also asks us to rest.  He will refuel your soul with His Truth.  This process is much needed to provide tools to continue on His Way.  Take a break and refuel.  Nourish your spirit with Truth, faith and belief in His promises.  Pause and wait for His timing to continue. 

"I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits,
   and in his word I put my hope." (Psalm 130:5)

God, thank you for another day to serve you.  Bring rest to my body, soul and mind.  Feed me with Truth, guide my every step and lead me to Your Will.  I leave all my burdens, sorrows and pain at the cross.  Take them and use them to strengthen my walk with You.  I thank You for all given to me so I may be purified through and through.  Thank You for loving me unconditionally.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment