Thursday, October 20, 2011

Blessing Directly from Above

In my lifetime, I have visited places, moved a few times and worked at a few different establishments.  Throughout each experience, every day spent in that location, I met some really cool people.  Some came and went, others left a wonderful memory in my thoughts and the rest hold a special place in my heart.  I will not forget nor discount the times when God sent someone with skin on to pull me out of a pit.  I read in a chain email last night of someone's experience helping another and she said sometimes angels are really busy, so God uses regular people to do His work.  Well, I can tell you from experience, I have had plenty of people sent from God to rescue me.  I can also tell you God Himself rescued me more times than I can count. 

The people He sent to my rescue will be blessed in return for sure.  Not through a simple thanks from me, but by God.  The greatest blessings come straight from our Creator.  Those blessings may come in tangible items, close friends, a teammate for life or peace in your heart.  At the time, I did not realize the importance of my relationships.  I see now the benefits of following God and acknowledging the work He does through others. 

"Praise the LORD, my soul,
   and forget not all his benefits— " (Psalm 103:2)

My blessings and benefits list is endless.  I can pull out some rather obvious ones to share though.  My husband is number one.  He came into my life at just the right time (both in high school and now) and stuck by my side through the most difficult of times.  He continues to comfort, love and offer friendship beyond what I ever imagined.  Another blessing is my children.  They provide laughter, joy and a hug or kiss at just the right moments.  Continuing down the list would be my mom.  I cannot explain in words how much I love this woman.  She saved me from many pits, loved me when I felt unlovable and comforted at all times.  My Memaw has done the same as my mom. 

Fortunately, I have not experienced any real close friends passing away.  But, I have left some behind due to moving away.  The true friendships have lasted and some rekindled over time.  I just feel so blessed to experience these friendships and know others care to play a part in my life.  I want to share a few quotes from Winnie the Pooh that I just adore:
 "If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you."  - I tell this one to my husband and mother from time to time!
 "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." - Though distance may separate, the heart will always find residence for those friends.

Relationships with people here on Earth bring much joy, peace and comfort.  But, the most important, everlasting and required relationship for life is the one with God.  Place Him first and foremost and just celebrate all the loving friendships He brings into your life.  Spread the love received from Him to all you meet so as to plant the seed of Truth in their hearts.  It will be an even greater relationship and joyous time when you meet that individual in Heaven.  Let all your relationships revolve around Him and teach one another His Word!

"If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." (1 John 1:6-7)

"We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ."  (1 John 1:3)

Find a way to appreciate a friend, loved one or family member today!

God, thank you for another day here.  Thank You for all the friendships I have, had and will have in this life.  Send me to others who need to hear about You.  I am here to bring as many friends to Heaven as You plan.  Use me every day to spread Truth and love others.  Though I may fail at this from time to time, continue to present opportunities for me to do it right.  Show me where I need improvement and guide me through each lessen needed to learn so I may work wholeheartedly for You.  Thank You for Your friendship and guidance.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment