Sunday, March 4, 2012

Prevent Technical Fouls

God blessed me with two children, which added the title mother, mommy or mom to my name!  With one child only, this title stood alone and remained strong.  Then, God added another child to the mix and my title expanded beyond what I ever imagined.  Added to the list were: housekeeper, detective, repair(wo)man, hairdresser, fashion coordinator, dietician, hygienist, doctor and taxi driver.   I seem to fulfill all these roles in a 24 hour period.  BUT, my hardest, most used title involves a whistle and striped shirt.  Being a mom of more than one kid adds the role of referee. 

Some days I feel all I did was blow the whistle on arguments and pulled apart two stubborn, angry children.  They agitate one another and the conflict begins.  Then, it progresses to an all out brawl with words flying back and forth.  At times, I even fall into the battle and try to get my two cents worth in the mix.  I feel pulled to one's side, which worsens the matters. 

I noticed the other day, as I placed my whistle around my neck and pulled my striped shirt over my head; the underlying problem of all conflicts.  One child adds their two cents worth of opinion to get the last word in a conversation.  Ultimately, those two cents creates a battlefield full of daggers from each tongue.  So, I nicely (as nice as a frustrated mom/referee could) said, "If you would just leave it alone and not add your two cents, then agitation would not occur and we could all get along.  Sometimes, words are not worth saying.  They mean nothing and only cause chaos."

I believe my children think they know everything at age 4 and 8, which makes their opinion the only option possible.  So, one begins to argue with the other in hopes to get them to have the same opinion.  Humility does not exist in my children's vocabulary.  Surrender will not come from either side.  Hard hearts lead to stubborn thoughts and raised voices.  So, what else could this referee do?  I 'T' them both and send them to their locker rooms to chill in hopes to return with different attitudes. 

Do you ever feel God throws a 'T' at you?  Did you ever think God may feel like a referee sometimes?

We become like children too often and believe we know it all.  We are set in our thoughts on how a situation should occur or stand firm on our opinion in a matter.  Our two cents must be given every time.  God needs to hear it, right? 

No, sometimes words are not to be said.  The thoughts provoking those words need replaced by Truth.  Our mind is a battlefield between Truth and lies from Satan.  When we try and throw our two cents in the mix, chaos occurs and our emotions fly.  We try to convince God to think just like us.  We argue back and forth only to exhaust ourselves and hinder our journey forward on His Path.  God knows everything.  He is the beginning and the end.  So, why do we try and convince Him that our way is better?

Pride.  It must be eliminated from our vocabulary.  Humble your heart and surrender to God.  He will soften your heart to help you learn His Way.  He can do immeasurably more than ever asked or imagined.  Trust Him with the battlefield going on daily in your mind.  He will make it work to further His Kingdom and progress you on the path laid for you.  Give it up to Him.  Take the 'T' received, depart to your locker room, pick up the Rule Book and study the way you should handle the situation.  Forget your deposit of two cents; allow God to fill you with priceless wisdom.  Let Him adjust your view to see through His eyes!

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
   neither are your ways my ways,”
            declares the LORD.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
   so are my ways higher than your ways
   and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8-9) 

 

God, thank you for another day.  Help me to avoid spouting off my two cents, opinion in the matter or sharing my fleshly thoughts.  I surrender the battle to You, which I know has already been won.  Thank You for sending Your only Son, Jesus to die for my sins.  May I be reminded every moment of this sacrifice.  May pride be killed in my life and my heart softened.  My opinion means nothing.  Only Your Truth is the Way to follow.  Thank You for providing a Rule Book filled with Truth to combat fleshly opinions and lies from Satan.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig    

No comments:

Post a Comment