Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lasting, Powerful Source

I start up my hot rod (minivan), place the gear in drive and begin pulling out of my driveway.  All is well, UNTIL I push with greater force on the gas in attempt to enter traffic on the highway.  My dash tells me the gear is in D but the gas petal claims to be in N.  Finally, the engine wakes up and realizes it should be accelerating, not idling and takes off. 

I advance down the highway and notice my hot rod has a difficult time shifting gears yet again.  The RPM approaches 2500 or 3000 and a lovely grinding noise sound from my right side.  It eventually stops and the gear shifts.

Oh, there is more.  My hot rod continues to knock and moan at me when moving in any other direction than straight.  It sounds like it is in pain and struggles just to get to the next destination.  I think it needs help.

I go to the mechanic, describe the symptoms and beg for help.  I explain the time period of the issues.  He doesn't take long to offer a diagnosis.  Unfortunately, the diagnosis is NOT what I wanted to hear.  First, he rejects service on the vehicle because the issues are more than he can handle.  Secondly, the problem lies in the transmission.  So, rejection and expensive repair do not sit well in my thoughts.  I instantly feel helpless and begin to worry about driving the vehicle around.  What if it goes out mid-ride?  What if my kids are with me and we wreck?  How much will this cost?

Do you ever feel like my vehicle?  Do you ever worry like I did when receiving bad news?
Ever wake up and tell your body to GO, but your thoughts just want to pull the covers back over your head?  Finally, your body kicks in to move throughout the day, but not without groans, complains and refusal to feel joy.  Focus remains on the wrong, the negative and the struggles.  You find it difficult to smile.  Your attitude and outlook infect your thoughts.  You need help.

"The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;
   he delivers them from all their troubles.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
   and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:17-18)

"The LORD is near to all who call on him,
   to all who call on him in truth.
He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
   he hears their cry and saves them." (Psalm 145:18-19) 

Don't run to the world for help.  The things of this world will cost you much and leave you with bigger struggles.  Hardships and trials are more than things of this world can handle.  You need a lasting solution, a powerful Source to take away worries, negative outlooks and trying times. 

I know just the place to go.  Yep, God waits to help.  His hand extends for you to grab.  He hears and sees your symptoms.  He instantly knows a diagnosis and offers a solution - you need more of Him in your life.  Seek Truth to fuel your body, visit Him daily for tune-ups and your days will run smoothly.  No more groans, complains or sad outlooks.  Invite Him into your day to lift you up, provide comfort, strength and unconditional love. 

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for providing continual maintenance in my life.  Thank You for being the One True Source for joy.  I know I can turn to You at all times and seek Your Word for guidance.  I love You. 

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment