Thursday, March 8, 2012

Grow by His Clock

My daughter will come out of her room numerous times before finally closing her eyes for the night.  Our rooms sit across from one another so I witness all the activity going on.  She will get on the ground and crawl out of her room into mine (thinking she is invincible) and chill for a while on the floor.  Or, she will tiptoe out of her room while cowering down (again, thinking she is invincible) and sneak into our room.  Her goal is to land herself in my bed without me realizing.

One night this scenario repeated for 30 minutes.  I finally told her that when the clock hits 9:00, I will come bring her to my bed if she is still awake.  So, my hopes were for her to be sleeping by then and I would not break my promise.  This tactic did not work.  She continued to come into my room.  Her eyes checked the clock with each visit.  Her little mind could not take the lingering seconds and minutes until she could finally lay by my side.  She said, "Mommy, your clock takes a long time to get to 9:00!"  I had to laugh at that statement and the pity in her voice caused me to cave in.  Besides, I was not accomplishing anything I wanted with the constant interruption of a four year old. 

My persistent little daughter got her way AGAIN.  Impatience caused her to push forward with her plan in HER timing.  My thoughts meant nothing to her and the rules I placed flew out the window. 

Do you ever feel you perform such a scenario as this with God?  He commands us to have patience, trust in His timing and lean on Him for strength to persevere. 

"We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized.  We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised." (Hebrews 6:11-12)

"being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience," (Colossians 1:11)

God is the beginning and the end.  He is the way, the truth and the life.  We cannot come against Him and proclaim our plan to be the better choice.  He holds all plans in the palm of His hand and knows exactly which plan goes with your life.  He does not get confused or forget about you.  Some things must come in a later season.  Although, we love to have instant gratification and solutions to troubles; God knows what is best and will lift you up in due time.  He cares so much for you and hears every cry.  He will comfort you always, but some seasons must be endured to strengthen your faith.  He will use every trial and trouble for your ministry.  Humble yourselves under God's mighty hand and submit to His plan. 

Impatient attitudes will lead to a path other than His.  Sneaking around His plan will lead to places not protected by His hands.  Seek His Word to guide every step, decision and action taken.  Use His wisdom to lead you down the path for your life.  Do not hide from Him.  He provides the tools needed to persevere. 

His clock may seem to tick much slower than yours.  Have patience, avoid nagging and complaining.  Seek Him and nothing you face will be bigger than the both of you can handle.  Walk hand in hand through every season and feel your faith grow.  Grow by His clock, not yours.

God, thank you for another day.  Thank you for taking care of my every moment.  I give all my worries about this day to You.  I am here to accomplish Your plan for my life.  Take my impatient attitude away and bless me with patience.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig   

No comments:

Post a Comment