Wednesday, March 14, 2012

His Product

I LOVE sports.  Growing up, I kept active in whichever sport the current season allowed.  I participated in soccer, basketball and softball.  I yearned to be outdoors engaging in physical activity.  My days consisted of riding bikes, rollerblading, climbing trees, playing basketball or softball and just being out of the house.  I joined teams to learn even more about the sports I loved.  The coaches helped me advance my skills and grow my strength and capability.  I also met neighbors who joined me in my outdoor adventures.  They taught me much by example.  They were boys, so I learned courage, not to cry when wrecking your bike or falling on the ground (since I lack agility, this was a daily lesson) and that no adventure is scary when you have another alongside.

These passions in life required equipment and proper attire.  I wanted only the best.  From water bottle to sweat band; I wanted NIKE written all over.  My shoes needed the famous check mark across the side.  My shirt must say, "Just do it" across the chest.  Even my socks needed NIKE somewhere on them.  No matter what the coaches or my friends taught me, having NIKE written all over me surely increased my abilities.  Without the name, I was nothing.

The name says it all. . .
NIKE - Just do it
AIDIDAS - Impossible is nothing
REEBOK - I am what I am
UMBRO - Go out there

And then, of course, I needed to drink to help my game. . .
GATORADE - Is it in you

These products promised so much in such little words.  So, did they fulfill their promises?  I still sat the bench many of games and fell numerous times while riding my bike or rollerblading.  My mother mended too many cuts and bruises to count.  But, with each brand name worn, I felt courage, strength and believed in myself.  Silly how one little name can do so much, isn't it?

Well, I have a Name that can and will do so much.  The Name fulfills every promise made and more.  You do not need to buy this One in the store or paste the Name all over your body to increase ability, strength or endurance.  This is marked on every one's heart and comes from within.  Every child born is marked with this Name.  I can assure you, without actively using this Name in your life, you are nothing. 

I am sure you all realize I am speaking about our Creator.  God provides all the equipment and attire needed to perform at your very best each day.  Seek Him for Truth to guide every move.  His Word will coach you and teach you through His example.  He will enhance the skills provided, grow your strength through any trial encountered, pick you up if you fall and help you see that NOTHING is impossible or scary with Him alongside.  His promises reign true throughout all generations and He remains unchanging. 

Companies continue to change products to entice athletes to use them.  They must conform to the wants and needs of the athlete.  Slogans help coax a person to try the product.  Companies must look good on the outside to pull in customers.  Unfortunately, some companies lack truth behind their slogan or promises.  It lasts temporarily.  I went through many pairs of shoes, numerous water bottles, countless shirts and several packs of socks. 

Guess what?  God needs no slogan, never changes and lasts for eternity.  In Him, you will find an everlasting life, fulfilled promises and Truth that you can stand on.  You were created by Him and His name is marked on your soul.  Do not mimic companies of this world who do not back up their product.  You are a product of God, so act like one inside and out.  Be consistent in character, live out Truth, boldly walk for Him and live for Him!

"For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." (Romans 1:20) 

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for guiding me with Truth, a Truth I can rely on and that is offered to me daily.  In You, I find strength, courage and believe in the Sheree created to live boldly for You.  Thank You for creating me and placing Your name on my soul.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment