Thursday, March 29, 2012

Nothing to Fear

Courage is fear that has said its prayers!

"Amen!" 

Our fears shift over time.  Children fear peeping under the bed after dark, falling off the balance beam at the park or being separated from a guardian in a crowd.  Teens fear wrecking their parent's vehicle, rejection from an organized team or going stag to a dance.  Middle age fear unemployment, failure to find a spouse, parenting or graduating from college.  Then, life continues and fears arise of death, losing loved ones, financial cushion in retirement, our children's safety, our children's decision-making or grandchildren's health.

Fear appears in our lives to avoid from danger.  Fear kicks in and our bodies respond with a flight-or-fight action.  It is healthy and maintains survival.  We see a spider and kill it so to not be bitten - fight!  We see a car coming at us when crossing the street and run quickly to the other side so to not get hit - flight!  The water rapidly crosses the road and blocks our passing; so, we choose another route so not to be swept away by the flood - flight! 

I want to focus on the fears stated in the beginning paragraph: those concerning WHAT IF?  These overtake our thoughts, consume our decisions and steal our joy.  Fear-driven thoughts lead to anxiety and even depression.  Slowly, fear by fear, they place us in a prison.  The walls move in closer with each scenario and flood of fear.  We begin to suffocate and movements weaken.  With each day bringing unknown circumstances, we create this prison over and over in our lives.  Satan loves to see us enclosed and trapped by fear.  He will run with it and increase the anxiety, pushing you further into depression.  As our minds fill with worry, we have no room for Truth.

In comes prayer.  Each time concerns enter your path, go to God.  Before uttering the words, "what if?" seek the promises of God.  When deciding which step to take, take counsel from God.  He will lead you and keep you from suffocating in a prison of fears.  He already defeated Satan and knows exactly how to bring you where He intends.  Living in fear leaves us useless for the work and plan God holds for our lives.

Take a stand today against invalid fears.  Give each thought to God.  He will transform fear to Truth.  His Word speaks to us concerning our fears numerous times.  Pick up a Bible today and find a Scripture to lean on each time fear threatens.  Go to http://www.biblegateway.com/ and keyword search fear.  Let Him speak into your life and ease any anxiety.  Find courage by saying prayers.

I want to rid my life of False Expectations Appearing Real!  No more suffocation.  No more stealing my joy.  I will give my fear of rejection, losing loved ones, hypochondriac thoughts and even my fear of spiders to Him.  Okay, maybe the fear of spider idea is pushing it too far.  Come on, admit it, they are creepy, ugly and need to live far away from us!  In seriousness, God will take my fears and fill me with the Truth of knowing whatever comes my way, however situations turn out; He is by my side and provides the strength needed to persevere.  He never leaves and will not lead me to places that He and I cannot handle.

The will of God will never take you

where the grace of God will not protect you!


God, thank you for another day.  Take my fears, fill me with Truth and let me walk courageously through this day.  Thank You for protecting my loved ones, maintaining my health and never rejecting me.  I know I have You to lean on through every step and in every situation.  Whatever the outcomes may be, I know You work all things out for the good.  Thank You for that promise.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

   

No comments:

Post a Comment