Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Five Pound Angel

Four years ago, God knew I needed my eyes opened.  I was following the wrong path and needed a push in the right direction.  He decided to send help.  The bondage of Anorexia was so tight in my life that I could not breathe.  I continued each day consumed with anxiety of staying thin; eating less than the day before and exercising until exhaustion.  My plans must be perfect and go accordingly to MY itinerary.  If things changed, my anxiety increased.  As anxiety increased, I created a negative environment in my home. 

God tried to open my eyes with the blessing of a son and a husband.  It did not work fully.  My eyesight was enhanced, but blind spots remained.  The boys simply conformed to my plans in order to keep peace.  I remained miserable inside while trying to appear all together on the outside.  Everyone suffered from the bondage suffocating me: Anorexia. 

Then, she came.  My angel appeared four years ago as a slimy, beet red, 5 lb. baby girl.  The moment I met and held her I knew in my heart that my life needed to change.  At that moment, I was not sure how or what I would do to get where I needed to be; I just knew that Anorexia no longer could live in our home. 

It took about a year for me to break and hit rock bottom.  Day after day, the hours did not go according to MY plan.  Anxiety arose and Anorexia continued to win each battle.  I dropped to a very low weight and daily tasks became difficult.  One day, I woke up without blind spots.  As I held Brooklyn, now much bigger than 5 lbs., in my arms and looked into her eyes; I realized I could not set this example for my daughter.  If I continued living this way, I would not live to see her graduate, walk down the isle or meet her children.  Enough is enough.

"Praise the LORD, you his angels,
   you mighty ones who do his bidding,
   who obey his word.
Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts,
   you his servants who do his will." (Psalm 103:20-21) 

I realized God sent me an angel to help this blind woman see, this lost soul be found and save my life.  Praise God for my beautiful angel.  She lifts me up daily with her hugs and random "I love you mommy".  She lightens my load by helping with daily tasks.  She stays by my side, loving me unconditionally.  Her presence keeps my focus on remaining well.  Without her, I am not sure I ever would have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior.  Funny how one small baby can change everything!  Brooklyn will never realize the impact she had on my life and the ways in which God used her (from birth).  He continues to use her and He holds big plans for her life.  Thank you God for my Brooklyn!

God uses the youngest of generations to change lives.  Just think, He used His only Son, born as a small baby boy, to change the path for all creation.  Jesus' birth allowed for us opportunity live Eternally with God.  Following His birth, Jesus dwelt among men, set an example of how to live and died on the cross to wash away our sins.  Can you see the impact of the birth and death of Jesus on your life?  Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior?  Read John 3.

Read more in His Story.  It is a nonfiction Story.  You are one of the characters.  It guides any decision you may be facing and offers the greatest ending, should you accept the Word for Truth.  Begin in the Book of John and let your eyes be opened to the life waiting for you.  God has a plan for each one of His creations - that includes YOU!  The moment you accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, your heart will be filled and He will reveal the changes needed to follow Him.  Sin can no longer live in your home.  Repentance will take place.  Guess what?  He will forgive any sin repented and given to Him.  This is all possible because He sent His only Son to die for us and pay for our sins.  Seek Him to see how to live each day in accordance to His Word and carry out the plans on your life, completing your story by living for Eternity in Heaven.

God, thank you for another day.  I cannot begin to use words to describe the appreciation I have for my angel.  She pushed me to the path which You stood waiting for me.  Thank You for my daily motivation and shining Your light through her.  I know she will motivate many others in her lifetime to find You.  I pray she continues to be a vessel and live out the Word she has written on her heart.  Keep her healthy and strong.  Protect her life.  Thank You for another year with my angel.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment