Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Empty Cannot Last Long

In our environment, empty cannot last for long.  As our gas tank nears 'E', we rush to a gas station and fill it with gasoline.  Our dishwasher must be filled with rinse agent and detergent before working efficiently.  Clothes cannot be cleaned properly without detergent or smell fresh without fabric softener placed in the machine to a specified level.  Pipes keep a continuous flow of water supplying our homes.   

In our nutrition, empty cannot last for long.  We visit the grocery store often to fill our kitchen with foods to nourish our bodies.  Our cup receives refills throughout the day to keep us hydrated.  To maintain proper hygiene, we keep adequate amounts of hand soap and shower wash in the bathrooms.  As toilet paper reaches its last square, we replace it quickly with another roll. 

In our finances, empty cannot last for long.  As negative amounts threaten our account balance, we quickly deposit money in the bank.  We maintain a balance in our emergency fund that serves as a cushion to our finances.  Our anxieties lessen when our accounts remain full with sufficient amounts of money and the bills paid. 

Since we pay so close attention to our physical, financial and surrounding needs; why do we feel empty?  We work diligently each day to maintain and balance our lives; so, why do we feel incomplete?  

We are missing the most important area in our lives.  We neglect our only reason for living.  We continue each day with an empty tank, while running here and there filling up 'things' of this world. 

"You, God, are my God,
earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water." (Psalm 63:1)

"Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.  I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.  I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you." (Psalm 63:3-5)

In our spiritual being, empty cannot last AT ALL!  Without proper care to our heart, soul and mind; our being slowly fades into darkness.  Nothing of this world can fill us.  God satisfies every need and overflows our lives with blessings.  As we look to Him and seek His Truth, our lives are complete.  Attention must be given to our spiritual lives daily in order to keep in accordance to His Will.  His grace is sufficient for our lives.  He will give strength and power to the weak and weary.  Keep filled with His Holy Spirit.

When the day drains energy, fill up with Truth.
When children steal serenity, fill up with Truth.
When spouses remove hope, fill up with Truth.
When careers take patience, fill up with Truth.
When society threatens virtue, fill up with Truth.

Take a stand today and quit running on empty.  It benefits no one.  Seek God and become His servant.  He will fill you lives beyond what you ever could imagine.  Fill your hearts with love, your soul with passion and your minds with pleasing thoughts.  Replace the lies, bitterness, apathy and displeasing lifestyle.  Pick up a copy of His Word today and begin filling with Truth.  Praise Him with every breath you take!

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for filling me up when the world empties.  Only You provide for my every need and complete my days.  Thank You for loving me enough to give Your only Son to die so I may live abundantly.  I am here to be used by you.  Shine through me as I walk each day.  Guide my words and actions so they are pleasing to You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig  

No comments:

Post a Comment