Tuesday, November 8, 2011

You are Altogether Beautiful!

I may not be the tallest person in the world.  My clothes do not fall in sync with the latest style.  I drive an old minivan.  My nose may be a bit too big for my face.  The skin on my hands becomes atrocious in the winter months. 

I wake up in the morning and NEED coffee and some quiet time.  While at work, my money must face the same way and be just so in the drawer.  I like organization.  When I am playing basketball, my tongue comes out of my mouth to better help me concentrate.  I am consistent with my choice for breakfast, yet like to vary up our supper choices as a family. 

"You are altogether beautiful, my darling;
   there is no flaw in you." (Song of Songs 4:7)

"Her husband has full confidence in her
   and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
   all the days of her life." (Proverbs 31: 11-12)

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her  to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,  and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.  In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself." (Ephesians 5:25-28) 

We all have our quirky ways.  Our bodies may not "look" as the world chooses.  Financial status may not be as high as society expects.  Some of our ways become comfortable.  Our character forms out of our likes and dislikes.  These make us unique.  We are not created from cookie cutters.  God used specific design for each of His creation.

Praise God for the differences, mannerisms, styles and predictable natures of yourself and others.  Love who God created.  Take a look in the mirror and see what He sees.  Find that peace which passes understanding inside you.  It is then; you may spread love to others.  It is then; you will have a hand of grace to extend to those God places in your life. 

God creates each differently; BUT, He also creates perfect matches.  He brings together two individuals who compliment each other so well that they become one in flesh.  While in high school, God placed a handsome young fellow in my path.  Instantly, we connected.  We ventured along separate paths for a while and endured some hardships; but, never did we leave one another's heart.  God knew exactly what He was doing in this love story.  He brought us back from our broken roads to come together as one.  The distance we experienced only increased the appreciation of our reunion.  We now walk every day together and my husband sees me through God's eyes - flawless.  He loves me as God intended.  He takes care of himself, follows God and has an unexplainable peace about him.  He cares for me, our children and our home. 

God so loves you that He gave His only Son to die.  Look beyond what the world expects from you and focus on His approval.  Whether He sends a significant other in your life or you remain single, whether He blesses you with children or not, He holds big plans for your life.  He created every feature and characteristic in you for a specific reason.  Embrace that and throw out comparing to others, refusing to obey His commands and give all your anxieties and worries to Him.  He will help you see through His eyes the beauty you hold.   

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for sending Jesus to die so I may live an abundant life.  Thank You for creating me to fulfill Your purpose for me.  Help me see what step to take next, how to use my character and gifts and place those in my life who need to hear about You.  I am here, use me today however You see fit.  Thank You for sending me a husband, a teammate to go through each day and walk hand in hand through any trial.  Continue to consume our marriage as our love grows deeper each day.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment