Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Begin Preparation

I sit and watch my three year old daughter dress and redress her baby dolls ALL DAY LONG!  She loves playing with her babies.  I will hear her say, "Now, be still baby so I can change your diaper" or, "Good job baby" or even, "Go to time out baby".  She also named a few of them so I can distinguish which one she wants as she frantically looks for 'that baby' (we have spent up to an hour trying to find the specific one she wanted at that time).  She owns up to 10 babies at our house and a few at her Nana's house.  Some of her names include Applesauce and AJ.  She loves being a mom.  My daughter will also help me fold clothes and, without even teaching her, she does a fantastic job.   

I observe my seven year old son build numerous crafty pieces from Legos, draw out a plan for his buildings on paper or quickly fix a broken electronic.  He doubts himself at first, but always figures out the problem and finds a solution.  My son can sit and watch a football or baseball game and totally understand everything happening on the field.  One night, he lost a remote to our game system and needed to create another one to read as first player.  I have not the slightest idea of how to begin this process.  My husband was not home, so we called upon my brother-in-law.  He walked Brayson right through it and in a matter of 5 minutes he had a remote to play his game.  He follows instructions so well and does a fantastic job as a repair man. 

If you analyze these two children, you will see that each one is preparing to become an adult.  My daughter prepares to be a wonderful mom and wife.  My son prepares to be an amazing dad and husband.  My daughter's preparation includes - hygiene care for a baby, nurturing a baby, house cleaning, folding laundry and disciplining a baby!  My son's preparation includes - building and architectural work for his home, finding a solution to problems, reading and following instructions, watching sports on TV :) and being the man of the house!

They prepare each day and learn what it takes to become an adult with every situation.  

"Show me your ways, LORD,
   teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
   for you are God my Savior,
   and my hope is in you all day long." (Psalm 25:4-5)

We too should prepare each day, with every situation, to learn what it takes to follow Jesus. 

We prepare ourselves here for an Eternal life in Heaven.  God has a place for us next to Him for Eternity.  As God's children we need to put in to practice the Truth He provides.  Our goal is to live like Jesus.  God's light will shine through the hearts of believers to bring others to His Kingdom. 

Listen to God and seek instruction to follow His path laid for your life.  Read about Jesus in the Bible and learn from example.  He is the Way, Truth and Life.  He knows what it takes to lead a life in obedience to our Father.  Ask yourself in every situation, every day; What would Jesus do?  If you are not sure in the moment, seek the Bible for guidance and lift up a prayer to your Father.  Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and begin preparing for Eternity in Heaven.

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for guidance, Truth and understanding of the preparation to be done here in this temporary home.  Thank You for leading the way to an Eternal home with You.  Keep me focused, send the Holy Spirit to guide me and speak Truth to every situation.  I am here to learn.  I will continue to seek answers in You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

   

No comments:

Post a Comment