Monday, November 14, 2011

Deceiving Eyes

I work at a bank and often hear the word, transpose.  It is an evil little word; one that can cause an extra hour at work trying to find an outage.  It amazes me how my eyes can be staring right at the check, transaction or computer screen and transpose the numbers.  I am focusing on each number and still seem to mix them around.  Our eyes can be deceiving.

Transpose, by definition, is to change the relative position, order or sequence of; cause to change places; interchange.  Doing so on a check, account number or transaction amount can really put a kink in the balancing process.  I typically catch myself before completing the transaction, but not always.  There have been times that I go on through the whole day only to find my drawer to be off a weird number at the end of the night.  I could spend an hour looking for it and still not find the error.  But, if one other employee comes over and glances through my transactions and checks, they find it rather quickly.   A new, fresh pair of eyes helps find the error.  I need that outside person looking in to see the mistakes. 

"the LORD gives sight to the blind,
the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down,
   the LORD loves the righteous." (Psalm 146:8)

He replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots.  Leave them; they are blind guides.  If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.” (Matthew 15:13-14) 

"For troubles without number surround me;
   my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see.
They are more than the hairs of my head,
   and my heart fails within me.
Be pleased to save me, LORD;
   come quickly, LORD, to help me." (Psalm 40:12-13)

Times will come in life when overwhelming situations surround us.  We come to seasons when things just do not seem right, each step a little wobbly and life out of balance.  We may tend to struggle to find an answer.  We examine all that is going on, decipher through the past few circumstances and try to come to a solution.  Yet, no matter the length of time taken to look through it all; our eyes remain blind.  Our sins and wrong decisions overtake each day.

Reach to God whose eyes remain clear.  He sees the right steps to follow His plan.  He knows when your feet slipped, when a message received came through unclear or the exact moment your eyes deceived.  Seek Him for answers.  Bring a fresh, new pair of eyes into the mess.  He will save.  He will bring sight to blindness. 

Among the mess, avoid reaching for others around you first.  Avoid calling on those close to the situation that may have the same pair of eyes as you.  The blind leading the blind will never reach peace or freedom.  Seek God first and He will send someone, if necessary, to help and guide.  Believers work every day for our God.  He uses them wisely to further His Kingdom.  Be still, humble yourself and listen to those He sends.  They may come from the same mess you currently sit in or can offer wonderful Scriptural teaching to feed Truth into your life. 

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for all those sent to help me when my sin overtakes.  Thank You for grace, forgiveness and comfort.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment