Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Activate the Holy Spirit

In my most recent book, Kyle Idleman speaks on being filled with the Holy Spirit.  He asked many people to finish a sentence; "By the power of the Holy Spirit. . ."

Hundreds responded to his request.  I want to now extend this same statement to those reading this particular day in my writing.  Of course, I will share my answers and I hope to hear yours as well.  Thank you.


"By the power of the Holy Spirit. . .
~healing came from a 10 year battle with Anorexia.
~physical health was restored to my weak, malnourished body.
~a marriage transformed from two 'me' boxes to one box where forgiveness, joy, teamwork, love, kindness, peace and patience exist.
~my escape methods vanished; I now run to Jesus and take all troubles, worries and stress to the cross.
~relationships with family members were restored.
~I learned about forgiveness.
~I do not need to wear a mask.
~conforming to the patterns of this world no longer exists.
~my speech no longer fills with poisonous words.
~my son chose to give his life to Christ!
~my daughter sings loudly for Jesus and builds her knowledge to make the same decision some day!"

Daily, I must ask the Holy Spirit into my life.  When I fail to do so, the enemy sees a HUGE foothold and takes advantage of it.  He prowls around just waiting for a weak moment to steal my thoughts and take me back to the life before being a Christian. 

"Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods.  But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again?" (Galatians 4:8-9)

"After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly." (Acts 4:31)

Jesus came here on Earth, walked among the men, taught all about His Father and gave His life so we could have life.  He rose to sit aside His Father and sent the Holy Spirit to dwell in us.  The Holy Spirit, activated, will work through you to bring healing, peace, understanding, forgiveness and work miraculously beyond anything you can even imagine.  The power of the Holy Spirit will fill your heart and give you words to speak boldly for God.  Take this amazing gift of the Holy Spirit, given FREELY, and transform your life into the life God intended for you.  

Keep Him with you daily to prevent your former life of enslaving you again.  Remain in this world to stand firm on His Word, not of this world to please other people.  Be aware of your weaknesses and keep an eye out for any triggers which give the devil a foothold.  I know that I will constantly face triggers, especially around the holidays, but I am done with that life and I cling to God.  I give Him the battle and boldly tell the enemy to get behind me.  My weaknesses will not be used against me, but be used by the Holy Spirit to help others see His power!

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for bringing health to my bones and nourishment to my soul.  I am so blessed to be breathing in and out each day.  I am so blessed to have the gift of the Holy Spirit active in my life.  Thank You for saving me when I could not find my way and remained in bondage to such evil ways of living.  Continue to heal and show me the ways to go.  Send Your Holy Spirit to give me strength to overpower the enemy and his evil schemes.  Make me aware when a trigger situation comes my way.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

 

No comments:

Post a Comment