Sunday, November 27, 2011

Another One Added

Our son decided to become an immersed believer.  After finishing his devotion one night, he jumped up in my husband's lap and said, "I want to be Baptized!"  My husband asked him what that meant and our son said, "Jesus forgives me".  Those words were not just repeated from a lesson learned at Sunday school or from the devotions we read nightly; they came from his heart. 

The devotion spoke about the path leading to Eternal life.  We must choose the right path by obeying and following our Creator.  Many feel they follow the correct path by doing good works, helping others or just being a nice person.  The path laid for your life is so much more that just good works or a nice character.  Choosing the right path allows the Holy Spirit to work inside you.  It is then; God leads your life, not flesh. 

Our son said that he had been thinking about this decision for a while now and the devotion gave him the courage to take the next step in his journey.  That night, his feet shifted a bit to align on the path God planned for my seven year old.  I am just so excited for him and I believe God has great plans for my son.  I know that He has begun a great work in this little boy and will continue until completion.

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.  But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. 
But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.  The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
(Matthew 7:13-14 ; 26-27)

"There is a way that appears to be right,
   but in the end it leads to death."  (Proverbs 14:12)     

I did not realize our son was approaching this decision.  We never pushed the issue of Baptism, only taught him about Jesus and Truth.  My husband and I strive to lead by example every day.  Yes, we may mess up, but we know that God's grace forgives and His mercies are new every morning.  God keeps us on the right path as we continually look to Him for guidance.  I pray our son does the same as he begins this new life.

We must walk in obedience every day.  If our son were to ignore this calling on his heart to accept Jesus as his Lord and Savior, he would be like a man who built his house on sand or a seed planted among weeds.  The house/seed will never last and are easily destroyed.  Our son chose to follow Jesus and obey what God spoke to his heart.  His decision allows his feet to stand firmly and his faith to thrive in Truth; just as a house built on rock and a seed planted in rich soil.   

So, I want to end with the questions from the devotion that night. . .
Are you taking the only path that leads to Heaven?  You may think being good, going to church, saying prayers, or being kind are the right way, but the Bible says Jesus is the only way to Heaven.  Doing good is important, but it will not get you into Heaven.

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.  If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” (John 14:6-7)

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for leading my son and guiding his heart.  I pray for him to continually use the tools provided by You in every situation.  I pray his decision will touch the hearts of many and lead them to You.  Use my son as a vessel to spread Truth and shine the light of Jesus.  He is so precious to me and my husband.  Guide his steps, guard his heart, protect his thoughts from the enemy, speak Truth from his mouth and comfort him along the way.  Thank You for my son and the teaching provided through him.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig   

No comments:

Post a Comment