Saturday, November 5, 2011

Our Amazing Physician

Sickness lingered in my body for the past three weeks.  It began with a sore throat causing me to lose most of my voice; a blessing to my husband, a hindrance to my life!  I work in customer service, so by the time I came home, my throat hurt to even swallow.  I finally called in an antibiotic to help.  After completing the dosage, I had one or two good days.  Then, sickness hit again.  Among all this, my stomach did not agree with medicines and lack of sleep.  I came to be sick and tired of being sick and tired!

My step mom bought me a bottle of vitamins and I took an over-the-counter medicine.  The combo seemed to do the trick.  Slowly, hour by hour, I began feeling better.  Peaceful rest came at night; I forced myself to be calmer throughout the day and prayed for healing to come.

"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light.  But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!" (Matthew 6:22-23)

It amazes me how a healthy body functions and carries out tasks more efficiently.  The past couple days have brought healing and increased strength.  I have accomplished much.  My eyes better focus on the activity at hand when fully nourished and mended.  A healthy body feels more alive.

I have experienced healing of even greater caliber my life.  God brought me through recovery from Anorexia.  He cleaned out the gunk inside my mind, body and soul.  My eyes opened to the love I had in Him.  Putting my body through such deprivation brought much damage to my physical being.  I never imagined being "normal" again.  I convinced myself that I deserved the physical damage because of the sinful life I lived. 

"Praise the LORD, my soul,
   and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
   and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
   and crowns you with love and compassion," (Psalm 103:2-4) 

God spoke to me of forgiveness.  He forgives all my sins, washed me clean and promises to heal.  I realized that I can get well emotionally AND physically.  I began giving all my health struggles to Him.  Guess what?  Our Great Physician never ceases to amaze me.  I cannot explain in words the blessings of health He provides for my life.  I am living proof that His promises reign true to heal, comfort, love and forgive. 

With every degree of healing, my mind becomes focused.  My eyes shine brighter.  My body works with more strength.  His power is alive within me.  The darkness inside can be no longer, for His Truth brings light.  The combination of faith in Jesus Christ, believing His promises and trusting Him with my life proves the correct antidote for healing.  Slowly, Scripture by Scripture, I began to restore my life. 

You too can feel this unexplainable peace and health that only God can provide.  No sin, sickness or pit is too great for Him to bring restoration.  He will forgive all, heal and carry up out of darkness.  He is the light needed to see the goodness here.  Once He begins the good work in you, He will not quit.  Ask Him in your life and allow Him to pour blessings upon you. 

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for continual healing.  I know You are the Great Physician and will always provide just the right prescription for my life.  With each season, You bring nourishment to my bones by feeding me Scripture.  Thank You for taking such good care of me.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

 

No comments:

Post a Comment