Friday, November 11, 2011

God Says!

We began a ritual of reading to our kids before bed about one year ago.  All the family gathers in our bed for the event.  Fun activities take place, much laughter occurs and we get to end the night with a prayer circle.  I treasure this time spent with the kids. 

Lately, my daughter chooses to play "Simon Says" instead of a book.  So, "Simon" is chosen and the others stand at the foot of the bed to complete the commands.  Without that precursor of "Simon Says", you do not obey the command.  My three-year-old daughter struggles to understand this concept.  She will just follow all commands or look to her brother and wait until he reacts.  I am amused to watch the kids perform various silly acts. 

With plenty of practice, both kids now follow the commands pretty well.  My daughter still may look to her brother for assurance, but does well on her own for the most part.  Their ears listen closely to here only what "Simon" says.  Maybe I should start my requests for help around the house with "Simon Says"?

"If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees their fruit." (Leviticus 26:3-4)

"I have considered my ways
   and have turned my steps to your statutes.
I will hasten and not delay
   to obey your commands.
Though the wicked bind me with ropes,
   I will not forget your law." (Psalm 119:59-61)

As all of you know, if you follow a command without "Simon Says" before it, you lose the game. 

Well, in life we must follow all of God's commands or we lose out on joy, peace, blessing, love and comfort.  He created His Law with our best interests at heart.  He knows exactly the steps which lead you to the path planned for your life.  Be still and listen.

At times, we may find it a difficult concept to understand.  There will be times when the commands seem way beyond your capability.  Other times, you may not agree with the command.  And still times will come when you struggle to even hear or see God in the situation.  But, remember always, He will never leave nor forsake you.  He will not ask more from you than you can handle.  You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.  Obey in faith.  Know that He will bless every obedient act.

"Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13:7-8)

My daughter looks to my son often to see if she should follow the command given.  We have spiritual leaders in our lives to turn to and ask for advice.  These leaders know His Word and can help discern through all the messages thrown your way and keep you in sync with Truth.  Use others God sent into your life for help.  Learn from them.  Be still and listen for what God says!

God, thank you for this day.  Thank You for the breath to continue on this journey here on Earth.  I know this home is temporary, but necessary.  I am here to follow and obey Your commands.  Help me avoid the lies and focus on what You say.  Keep feeding me daily and send Your Holy Spirit to guide my every step.  Thank You for loving me.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment