Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Weekend to Remember

We all have them.  We have people in our lives that hold a special place in our hearts.  When you leave their presence, you feel uplifted, revived and blessed.  With them, you laugh, cry, unload anxiety and comfortably sit in silence.  We all have them.

I had the privilege of spending quality time with my three favorite women within a two day span.  These three hold a most special place in my heart and I am blessed to have them in my life.  From one I gain wisdom, one I feel comfort and another I am encouraged.  All three love me for me.  Each has seen me at my very worst, yet never left my side.  They remained through thick and thin.  Never once did they condemn me, give up on me or ridicule me.  They bring love into my life. 

Distance may lessen our visiting, but we do not allow this factor to ruin our connection.  Each time we meet, it is as though we have seen one another every day.  Our hearts do not feel the physical distance.  I pray for these women, carry their burdens and thank God for them.  I am confident that they do the same.  They bring love into my life.

I walked away uplifted.  My Memaw provided a couple hours of conversation packed with wisdom.  She reminded me of the necessity to spend time with my children.  She opened my eyes to the importance of engaging in their every day.  Sit with them on the floor, pay attention to their words and love them with all your heart.  One day, they will be grown and that time will be lost.  Enjoy them, protect them and comfort them always.  As a parent, the world weighs heavily on your shoulders.  Stand firm on His Truth to gain strength through every trial, hardship and pain encountered.  Each season with your child will be different, but God stays the same.  Lean on Him for consistent help in parenting.

I walked away revived.  My mother provided comfort that brought a light to my dark season.  She reminded me that my experiences were "normal" and that everything will be okay.  Her comforting words, hugs and actions lifted a hundred pounds of worry from my shoulders.  She shared some of her past to help me see that the season I am in does not last forever.  My eyes saw circumstances differently as she explained the importance of perseverance.  Hang in there, do not give up and one day you will look back and realize how strong that season of life made you.  Stand firm on His Truth to create a character in you that will prepare you for future seasons.  Lean on Him for consistent help in chaotic times.

I walked away feeling overly blessed.  My best friend provided encouragement to fill my days.  She just listened, shared and allowed me to be me for a day.  Nothing stayed hidden.  She reminded me that life will throw hardballs your way, but there is nothing you cannot handle with God by your side.  He will bring good out of all things and catch every tear that falls.  She helped me see that being real is important and voicing your feelings keep a relationship healthy (done productively, not in shouting arguments).  Relationships are tough, but with communication, honesty, encouragement, support and love, they will remain strong.  In a relationship, make decisions based in the best interest of the other.  Avoid selfish acts.  Forgive always.  Love wholeheartedly.  Stand firm on His Truth to learn what He expects for your role in the relationship.  Lean on Him for consistent help in relationships.

God brings people into our lives daily.  Some stay for just a little while, others a bit longer; but, few remain for a lifetime.  Cherish each person and thank God for the relationships given.  Soak up the wisdom, comfort and encouragement that He shines through others.  Then, reciprocate.

"In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus" (Philippians 2:5)

God, thank you for another day.  Thank you for sending these three women into my life.  Keep our relationships strong and shine through each of us to help one another through whatever life may bring our way.  Thank You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment