Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Persevere

So, we found in Scripture that love protects, trusts and hopes.  Wait; there is one more I would like to hit on.  We encourage others to never give up.  Things will get better and this too shall pass.  But, when it comes to a true, intimate, deep relationship with another; are we living out our own advice?  I would answer no in most situations I faced over the years.  I run away from tough times, conflicting conversations and avoid arguments at all costs.  When times are tough, I get running (in the opposite direction).  I have learned over the years that love cannot flourish through avoidance, quitting or silence.  God revealed to me this eagerness to give up.  I do not like learning the hard way; yet, as I ran from situations and relationships, I created my own hardships.  Therefore, I ended up learning an even harder way.  Thank God for His perseverance in my life.  He never gives up on me and loves me throughout every situation.

Love perseveres. . .
Pray.
Endure.
Reassure.
Solid.
Even-tempered.
Vivacious attitude.
Empower.
Resist temptation.
Effort.
Stand on His Word.

Pray together and gain wisdom from our Father of which way to move.  He will provide strength needed to continue through any situation.  Endure hardships together.  Do not run from tough times and leave the other to deal with it alone.  Satan loves to prey on lone souls facing hardships.  But, where two or more gather in God's name, there He shall be.  He already defeated Satan and will take over the hardship for you.  He knows exactly how to get rid of Satan's attacks.  Reassure each other at all times.  Build up the other with words of encouragement and peace.  Stay Solid in faith, be a support and never give up.  Display an Even-temper.  Avoid bitterness, resentment and anger.  Do not go to sleep angry, for it will carry on to the next day and increase in severity.  Hold your arms out in comfort for one another.  Display a Vivacious attitude.  Avoid idle, unhappy lifestyles.  Pray for open eyes to see the good and count the blessings given every day.  Try to lift each other up, not pull each other down.  Empower each other to keep on keeping on.  Resist temptation to stray or give up.  Stay clear of situations which steal your energy, leaving you empty.  You will have nothing positive to bring in the relationship.  Giving into temptations will grow a wedge to separate the relationship.  Give 100% Effort to the relationship.  Do not give up.  Give wholehearted love. 

Finally, in every aspect of the relationship and in order to grow the deepest of love; Stand on His Word.  Read His instructions and follow His example.  He is love, the true Source.  Let Him teach and lead you.  Persevere always; for perseverance leads to completeness in faith. 

"always perseveres." (1 Corinthians 13)  

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for strength to face all that comes my way.  Help me to endure, not run; to resist temptation, not place my energy in the wrong places; to love wholehearted, not with laziness; and to stand on Your Word to have a solid foundation, not doing my will but Yours.  Thank You for the relationships I hold and help me to strengthen each one by protecting, trusting, hoping and persevering at all times.  Keep my attention on the path laid for me.  Help me be a blessing to those on the path and may my words and actions please You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment