Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ointment for Wounds

Anyone who spends a while around me will gather that I am stubborn, an extremist and I avoid tough situations.  I am quickly frustrated, my mind overwhelms easily and the people around me suffer due to my snippy comments.  I do all this before I even realize what is going on.

When sensitive topics come my way or I am challenged in my way of living, I run.  I do not want to talk about what spurs sadness or where I need improvement.  If I try to face these two particular instances in life, my character turns ugly.  A stubborn mindset comes in and overtakes the acceptance of constructive criticism.  I feel overwhelmed with the idea of yet another thing I need to change or another wound which needs healing.  Frustrated, angry and sad; I give up! 

Is this the right way to approach life?  NO.

Each time this occurs, I reach up.  He picks me up in His arms and takes away the frustration, calms my anger and catches my tears.  What an awesome friend I found in God.  He understands exactly where all this comes from.  He has, is and will be omnipresent.  But, He also knows how the flesh can take over and try to override the goodness He plans for my days.  Our flesh reaches for Band-Aids to try and cover our open wounds.  The Band-Aid does not heal; it only temporarily stops the emotions and pain.  Each trial faced in life rips off the Band-Aid and pours salt into the wound.  Again, the flesh searches for a temporary fix to stop the flowing emotions.  The process continues with no true healing in sight.

I rode this rollercoaster too many times in my days and know the outcome; yet, I still find Band-Aids over open wounds.  Trials arise, causing exposure to my wounds; but, I quickly find a way to stop the process.  Well, no more of this.  The pain hinders my walk with God.  I have given the ugliest pieces of my past to God.  Why not give these few minor things up for Him to heal?  Why is this so hard?
Pride, control and pain.  

Humility brings weakness to the flesh.  Loss of control brings chaos in life.  Pain brings sadness to our thoughts.  The hardness in my heart despises weakness, chaos or sadness.  So, flesh and spirit battle everyday.  Thank God for already defeating my enemy.  Every day I must give God control, allowing Him to take all this away.  He will fight the battle for me.  I am assured of victory when He is in control.

"Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.  Blessed is the one who always trembles before God, but whoever hardens their heart falls into trouble." (Proverbs 28:13-14) 
 
Maybe you feel as though some things from the past surface during trials.  Maybe Band-Aids still exists.  Don't give up or run like I have.  Learn from my mistakes and go directly to God with every piece of your days.  Give Him your ENTIRE past and receive a healing that withstands all.  His Word becomes an ointment to our wounds that heals it completely.  He leaves no pain, just a scar.  The next trial comes and we have His Truths embedded in our thoughts, ready to provide strength to persevere.  You will see that frustration vanishes, anger slows down and sadness is comforted.  He is the one true Healer.  Trust Him.  Allow Him to soften your heart. 

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for revealing some hidden wounds.  Take off my Band-Aid and begin applying Your Word to heal my wounds.  Give me Truth to withstand trials.  Humble my spirit, loosen my control and wipe my tears.  Satan loves when I am stubborn and overwhelmed.  Help me overcome these and carry me through the trials I face.  I give all of me to You.  Use me in every situation and teach me to better follow Your Word.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig   

No comments:

Post a Comment