Saturday, February 11, 2012

Protect

We begin life as an innocent child.  Our speech is limited, actions lack thought, reasoning immature; yet, we truly love the closest in our lives.  Children desire to spend quality time with parents, friends and family.  Little ones protect their possessions and love ones.  Children trust wholeheartedly, hopes in all good things to come and persevere in all endeavors. 

Growing up increases our vocabulary (not always for the good), our actions come with better thought and reasoning grows in logic.  We gain skills, likes and dislikes, independence and a greater spectrum of friends.  Unfortunately, with all this gain, we tend to lose the capacity to love one another.  Why?  Our selfish thoughts hold us captive and prevent us from loving as we should.  Over the years, people in this world disappointed, broke our heart and abandoned us.  We keep a list of the wrongs done and dare not find ourselves in that same position again.  So, we place a brick wall around our hearts and allow VERY few to enter.  Even the few that enter do not come in completely.  Love cannot flourish in parts.  We must go back to childlike love in our marriages, families and friends. 

The next few days, I am going to share some things I believe may help us refocus on how to love, break down the walls around our hearts and heal painful pasts.  My brick wall stood about 10 feet high and daily I work to bust each brick.  I feel as though I am down to a 3 foot wall now.  It is tough and I know how past experiences hinder our hearts to love again wholeheartedly.  Let's work together and pray for one another to reach that level of love again. 

Love protects. . .
Provide.
Respect.
Observe.
Take time to listen.
Eliminate selfish thoughts.
Carry one another's burdens.
Talk about fears.
Stand on His Word.

In relationships, strive to Provide the needs and desires of others.  Respect and avoid belittlement.  Observe to keep in check of any life changes.  Take the time to not only hear what the other says, but listen to each word.  Meditate on the conversations and give proper feedback at the right time.  Eliminate the "What about Me?" mentality.  If we consume ourselves with ourselves, we cannot love another wholeheartedly.  Carry the burdens of each other.  If one enters a stormy season, the other holds their hand and is there to catch should a fall occur.  Talk about fears accumulated over the years of bad relationships.  Satan creates the best of wedges out of silent fears and unsaid struggles.  The wedge grows and separates the relationship.  Stand on His Word.  God is love.  What better place to learn about the components of love than from the true source?  Read the Bible together and build a relationship with God at the center.  He loves you so much and will PROTECT your lives.  Let Him in and let Him love.  He will set the example.

"It always protects,. . ." (1 Corinthians 13)

More tomorrow. . .

God thank you for another day.  Thank You for protecting my heart every day.  Help me bust up the last of my brick wall around my heart.  Open up my eyes to see how to love others.  Remove any selfish thoughts which hold me back from fully engaging in my loved one's lives.  Feed me Your Word so I may follow Your example and express my love productively.  Rid me of past pain and dead relationships that left a scar on my heart.  Help me protect the ones I love.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment