Monday, February 6, 2012

A Forty Minute Walk

I took a walk yesterday.  The sun shone brightly and warmed my skin.  The breeze flew just enough to carry all my burdens away.  The air felt crisp as I breathed in deeply with each step. 

I took a walk yesterday.  But, I did not go alone.  God came along with me and held my hand.  We talked, laughed, reminisced and observed together.  God pointed out all the wonders He provides for my enjoyment: birds of the air, people for fellowship, houses to protect, churches for worship, health and vehicles to transport.  Sadly, God also opened my eyes to the disrespect He feels due to carelessness of His children.  Trash lay on the ground, vehicles beat up and houses rundown or abandoned.  I saw the bar filled with people at 2:30 in the afternoon. 

I took a walk yesterday.  I learned more in forty minutes than I have in the past forty days.  I learned neighbors still smile at one another, passersby know how to wave, children still play outside, laughter still exists and God is too good to us.  If we wake up in the morning, breathe in fresh air, walk out the door without fear and smile; we are better than we deserve.  God is so good to us even though we neglect His land, possessions and body.  We borrow everything we have from Him, yet treat it so poorly.  Why, then, does He continue to provide

I took a walk yesterday.  As I came upon the final stretch, I faintly heard, "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. . ."  The voice singing was that of little children.  Their voices sounded beautiful and brought curiosity to find the source of such truthful words.  I came upon about five children playing on a trampoline.  Such innocence, no cares in the world and belting out powerful Truth.  The answer clearly came through God's most precious creations; God is so good to us because He loves us so much.  He provides because He cares so much.  He gave us His only Son to die on a cross and wash away ALL sin.  Pick up a Bible and see it for yourself.  It is written. . .

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." (John 3:16-17)

"For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer." (1 Timothy 4:4-5)

"Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment." (1 Timothy 6:17) 

"For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything." (Hebrews 3:4)

To think, I had to force myself to go on this walk.  Something kept telling me to just stay home and exercise inside today.  Something?  Nah, someone - Satan!  The devil played with my thoughts to TRY and keep me from such a great bonding time with our God, our Creator and Father.  Well, good try Satan, but AGAIN Truth won over his devious lies.  Thanks God for the walk and cleaning the lies from my thoughts.

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for bringing such joy into my life.  Keep my eyes open to the goodness You offer and the patterns OF this world which not to conform.  Thank You for allowing me to borrow this land of Yours to live amongst Your children and spread Truth.  Keep my mind focused on the task at hand; to further Your Kingdom.  Thank You for walking and talking with me yesterday.  Thank You for the great messages and teachings.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig   

No comments:

Post a Comment