Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Better is One Day in His Courts

If you could relive ONE day continuously, which one would you choose?

To answer, think deeply as to the best moments in your life.  Exclude birth of children and your wedding day (I pray you consider both these days to trump all others - if not, you better pretend for the sake of your spouse and children).  What attributed to the joy felt on the specified date?  Was the weather phenomenal?  Were you on vacation? 

The question interests me, but I have a difficult time placing my finger on ONE day.  Until now.  One day I experienced brought so much joy.  As I mentioned above, the day I received my children and married my husband trump all others.  So, the one day I recall began pleasurably and ended in pure delight. 

The day - Sunday, February 5, 2012.  I woke up with my usual routine.  My family and I ventured to church.  Worship service, as always, brought overflowing peace in my heart.  The love of others, the smiling faces and great conversations lift me up each week.  This Sunday in particular presented even more happiness.  I saw the mighty power of prayer.  God answered some of my deepest prayers that day.  I observed His mighty hand touching the lives of others.  Praise Him!

After service, we settled in our small group, which my husband leads.  He did a fantastic job teaching, leading and guiding us in the material.  I just wanted to cry for joy as I saw firsthand more work of our mighty God.  God continues to amaze me every time I watch my husband's faith grow and learn from his leading.  My deepest prayers answered again.  Praise Him!

We traveled home after picking up a friend for my son to hang out with throughout the afternoon.  They had a fabulous time and were excellent.  It is so nice to see my son connect with a friend and enjoy the company of another.  The weather was fantastic, so everyone went outside.  My son, his friend and my daughter played out back.  My husband worked on a repair outside and I took a walk.  I love my family, but it was so nice to go peacefully on a walk and enjoy the sunshine and small breeze.  God and I talked and walked for a while.  I lifted up my concerns, praises and just enjoyed His presence.  What a friend I have in Him!  Again, prayers answered.  Praise Him!

That evening, family came over to hang out and enjoy food.  I grabbed a plate along with the others and plopped down for some good conversation.  The food was great, but not my focus this time.  I talked with my company and relaxed.  Later in the evening, I went for a second round of food and sat to savor the tastes.  As I focused on the important part of the evening, my family, I noticed that I could relax, enjoy food and live for Him in every moment.  His presence remained with me and He opened my heart to let others in deeper.  He crumbled the walls of insecurity, guilt, shame, worry, pride and anxiety.  Wow, He is amazing.  He heard my prayers.  His Truth and answers destroyed Satan's lies and tactics.  Satan cannot win as long as we continue to pray harder than he can work.  God already defeated Satan, but we must reach to Him who wins the battle for us.  We cannot do this alone.  Praise Him!

The theme of my day and why I would relive it numerous times; I invited God into every moment.  I knew some triggering situations lay before me that day and I knew God was the only source to see me through.  Not only did He see me through; He answered so many other prayers that lay on my heart for years.  God never lets us down.  His mighty hand reaches out to guide and protect our lives.  He is the answer.  He will open your eyes to see Him and open your ears to hear His answers.  Listen for Him.  See Him.  Thank Him always.  Thank you God for being with me that day and the joy brought into my day.

The coolest part; I CAN relive my day I experienced.  I CAN encounter the same feeling of joy from now through Eternity.  I CAN feel unexplainable peace in every situation as I did that day.  How?  Keep the One who is constant, never changing, by my side at all times.  He will make every day worthy of reliving!  Praise Him!  

"Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked." (Psalm 84:10)

God, thank you for another day with You.  There is not one other place I'd rather be! 
I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment