Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Enemy Carries Ammunition


“Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be.  But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God.  You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus.  He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.” Luke 1:29-33

Imagine being in Mary’s shoes at this moment.  The enemy rounded up his ammunition and went to work in her thoughts as he does ours daily.  Worry tried to seep in – concerning what others might think being a virgin, concerning the ability to fulfill the role of birthing our Lord and Savior and how will she explain this to
Joseph?  Doubt worked into the situation – thinking He chose the wrong woman for this.  Shame wiggled into play – a virgin cannot bear a child, right?  Even fear entered the scene when first the angel appeared.

“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.”
Luke 1:38

Guess what, my friends, the powerful ammunition of our enemy could not withstand the faith Mary held within her spirit.  The enemy lost that day as Mary said not mine, but Your Will be done my Lord.  Faith so strong and so mighty pulled Mary closer to God as she accepted this amazing role as our Savior’s mother.  She faced daunting situations from the beginning of pregnancy and throughout.  Her step by step faith brought forth the birth of our Savior.  God’s Will prevailed through one woman’s faithful journey. . .

And God’s Will prevails daily as we faithfully walk the journey He intended for our lives.  His Spirit working diligently within seeks to guide our decisions, showing us the Truth needed at that moment to extinguish the ammunition our enemy rounds up to bring us down.  Worry tries to seep in daily – what if I lose a loved one, I lose my job, I cannot make it through this illness, my children reject me, etc.  Doubt works into the situation – I cannot fulfill this task, my past proves I am a failure, why try again only to fail as before, etc.  Shame wiggles into play – I am not worthy of love, have you heard what I did, have you seen how others view me, etc.  And fear enters the scene to dominate decision making – What about ______, how is this going to end?

The only way to extinguish the powerful ammunition of our enemy is through Truth found in His Book.  His Promises ring true in every situation given, every account written and He will not stop fulfilling promises now.  You are no exception.  He loves you the same way He loved Mary who bear His Son.  He loves you the same way He loves our Savior.  He desires a relationship so together you and He can grow His Kingdom.

What does it take?  Faith my friend.  Faith in the unseen.  Faith in our Lord and Savior.  Trust in Him.  He knows how it will all turn out and it is for your good.  Let us follow Mary’s example and proclaim to our Lord today that we are His servant, may His word be fulfilled upon our day today.  And then tomorrow, let us wake up and proclaim it again.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment