Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Blessings in Life

The weight of the world on your shoulders may feel like a ton of bricks.  Our thoughts wrap around all the negative, sad, frustrating and stressful times experienced.  Let us take some time today to focus only on the positive.  I will begin and then I would love to hear yours. . .

I woke this morning with two beautiful, healthy and peaceful children sleeping next to me.  They teach me so much about faith, patience, endurance and joy.  Without the love of them and the love for them, I would be lost.  Each encourages me in their own little way and God shines brightly through them at just the right moment in my life.  Thank You God for giving me my children.  I will love them as You love them.  I will welcome them every day in my every moment and keep them in my thoughts always.  I will strive to set an example each day which is pleasing to You.

I touched my feet to the floor this morning, stood upright and walked with ease to begin the day.  My health continues to flourish each day and for that I am thankful.  I woke refreshed, ready to begin anew this day given to me from my Father.  I breathe in with ease.  Thank You God for bringing health to my body. 

I sat comfortably with coffee to begin my routine.  I listen and hear birds chirping ever so sweetly.  It is spring and the birds rejoice for a new day dawning.  Thank You God for reminding me of the variety of creatures present in this world.  I know everything is given for me to borrow, enjoy and use to further Your Kingdom while I live here.  I will honor You and serve You each day.  I will respect the land and everything in it.  Thank You for trusting me.

Many activities lay ahead on my schedule for today; but, I will remember the shower of blessings poured upon me from the moment my eyes opened.  The world will throw many trials my way to try and trip me up today; but, I will persevere through each and keep my feet aligned with my Father's Will.  I may reach exhaustion after living the next 15 hours; but, I know that God allows for rest at the end of each day.  I may become drained spiritually as my eyes see the troubles and my ears hear of sadness; but, I know my God will fill me quickly as I grab His hand a bit tighter in those moments.  Thank You God for being there always, loving continuously and providing all I need. 

“Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.  Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.  Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:7-9) 

Okay, so, put down your coffee, stand tall and enjoy this day!  Speak as Dave Ramsey would, "I am better than blessed!"

Remember your blessings and shine His light on all you meet.  Keep His Word on your heart and follow the path laid for your life.

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for life.  Thank You for another chance to serve You.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment