Sunday, February 15, 2015

Greatest Title


While attending a school party, I received a new name.  While hosting a child’s birthday party, I received another new name.  And yet again, while a guest at a company Christmas party, I received a third new name. 

Depending on location I am Sheree, a child’s mom or my husband’s wife.  Any of the names I will gladly answer.  I deem it a privilege to be the mother or wife.  You see, years ago, I made the decision to take on these titles.  The moment I laid eyes on that handsome boy (now husband), my heart melted.  I longed for the day to be called his wife.  Since our paths split for years before converging again, my heart melted all over upon the second meeting; this time for a blonde hair, blue eyed little guy.  He was six months old and awesome.  Not long after meeting him, I received title number one – mom! 

Couple years down the path and a walk down the aisle gave me title number two – wife!  The path to get to this point was rocky to say the least.  But, both of us knew deep down the place to be was in each other’s arms.  Now, by God’s guiding, we made it through and rest peacefully in each other’s arms daily. . .     
 
“I think about the years I spent just passing through.  I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you.  But you just smile and take my hand.  You've been there you understand.  It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true.
Now I'm just rolling home.  Into my lover's arms.  This much I know is true.  That God blessed the broken road.  That led me straight to you.” – Rascal Flatts, Bless The Broken Road

Oh, the joys were not complete just yet.  Another little individual rolled into the picture after two years of trying fertility treatments.  Looking back I know it all occurred in God’s timing – which is perfect!  I now received title number three – another child’s mom!

A piece still missing, we trudged along the path.  Times remained rocky and some just down right tough to get through.  Without proper tools to fix any problems arising, we struggled to find peaceful solutions.  We just went through daily motions without meaning. 

One day, finding ourselves between a rock and a hard place, we tried to reach yet again for the world’s tools.  Realizing defeat comes when we place the world’s armor on, we decided to pitch it and place on God’s armor.  It is then, the path before us appeared smooth. 

Regretting the years trying it on our own, we approached the cross.  Guess what, my friend?  God simply smiled and took our hand.  He understands and knows the plans ahead.  He now could get to work and do His part each day. 

“Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.”
(John 1:12-13)

It is then I received the greatest title of all – Christ follower.  No matter the location in life, this title remains.  It should not be questionable to others whether to call me by this name or not.  As Christ followers, His light should shine through actions, words and thoughts wherever we travel.  Be it a basketball game, work, home, volunteer location, gym, etc.; all should see the Light shining through a following heart. 

Maybe the path to reach the cross looks rocky for you.  Maybe you long to have the title Christ follower, but feel unworthy.  Maybe you are too weak to make it to the cross.  Regardless of the situation, He waits, smiling and holding out His hand for you.  YES, YOU!  His plan for your life is grander than you can imagine.  You were created for a purpose and to hold the title Christ follower.

Come to know Him more, reach out in surrender and let Him work mightily.  Though the broken world will remain, your path will not be broken!  He provides the only tools which will bring you through anything stronger than you entered. 


Keep praying harder than the devil can work.

No comments:

Post a Comment