Thursday, July 18, 2013

Which Way?

I am 100% directionally challenged.  Any travel requires GPS or a guide.  Even through buildings, parks or zoos I need assistance.  Forget those little maps provided; all I see are cute pictures and crazy lines.  Not joking, I have turned myself around when leaving a restroom in a restaurant.  Something in my brain cannot remember directions or comprehend north, south, east and west. 

This poses a problem when visiting campgrounds.  I do well with smaller grounds (three or less paths); but, when it comes to larger grounds, I lose all navigating skills.  Our latest venture included a campground encompassing over 900 sites.  Various paths branched throughout the grounds.  Quite a distance lay between our site and the main events (pool, store, lake, golf, etc.).  Within the first hour, my son knew the paths like the back of his hand.  I did not want to venture far without him.  He became my trusty guide. 

I noticed how much my children recognized this flaw of mine when traveling to the pool without my husband.  See, they know my husband navigates just fine without a guide. . .different story with me.  I walked as they rode bikes.  Upon turning each corner, I noticed my daughter would stop and wait for me.  She did not want me to veer off the path leading to the pool, be out of site or become lost in unknown territory.  As I caught up with her and we continued on, I noticed my son did the same thing for both of us.  The moment he could see us, he began riding in the right direction again.  I smiled through and through at the fact that my daughter cares enough to guide me along the right path and my son care enough about his girls to do the same.  We safely arrived at the pool, but I stayed longer than the rest of my family.  So, when returning back to our site I struggled to recall the path we took (time lapse – few hours).  I tried to find familiar landmarks and follow the exact way shown to me earlier.  As I traveled, I kept the highway in my sight for I knew our site sat parallel to it.  I made it home thanks to the example provided by my children and keeping my eyes on the path leading toward the highway.  Yeah Me!

Ever feel directionally challenged in life?  Spiritual navigation seems impossible at times due to storms in life, lack of Truth, various paths to choose from or just no energy to persevere through a situation.  Satan loves to work in these times.  The enemy knows to prowl when life finds us facing various options, twists or turns without a guide.  He seizes this opportunity to pounce on us and speak lies to misguide our steps.  He works to increase the distance between you and God.  He knows God will lead us home.  The path may include difficult times, tough lessons, unfamiliar steps or walking alone from time to time.  Keeping on the path requires faith and trust in your Guide.  Only one navigation tool needed – the Bible.  It contains His Truth to clearly explain which step to take next.  No cute pictures or crazy lines appear in these pages.  Clear, to the point directions.  God speaks to you along the way. . .turn your ears on and the volume up so the distractions OF this world do not drown out His voice.  Keep your eyes focused on the path leading to Him.

This gets difficult throughout each season in life.  So, God provides angels to come to the rescue.  He knows often times we require someone with ‘skin on’ to help, lead and comfort us through life.  Angels come in all forms.  My hardest working ones include a nine year old and a five year old.  Others appeared in my church.  Many angels do not realize the impact and mighty work completed each day.  They continue to say yes to God.  Often times the angel sent has experienced the same storm surrounding you.  At start, they walk hand in hand with you.  Then, they begin leading the way.  Around each corner, they wait to make sure you make the right turn.  His angels care deeply about you and don’t want you to get lost.  Once you made it into the light, and now see Him again, they back off and allow Him to work mightily by healing, comforting and loving. 

Cling close to other Christians by finding a church family.  God works through your church family to teach, navigate and rescue.  Attending regularly helps you learn more about His character.  Navigation through His Word becomes easier and angels wait to rescue in emergencies.  Prayer warriors swarm during emergencies and provide support you cannot find anywhere else IN this world.  I pray for you, my friend, to find the church family God desires for you. . .joining them will make you smile through and through as love and care surround you.  Each member is concerned about the other and helps to keep them seeking God as their Guide.      


Keep praying harder than the devil can work.

Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment