Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Listen to the Teacher

With each breath given, we learn more skills and ways to function here on Earth.  A baby begins taking a bottle and quickly progresses to table food.  An infant begins crawling and advances to walking.  A toddler learns to talk, so we enroll them in preschool to further the language and speaking skills.  A child just begins placing the shoes on the correct feet and using Velcro; we rush buy ones with shoestrings.  Parents understand the need to learn these survival mechanisms and the opportunities that open due to the progress in development.

Not only do we learn skills for survival and education, we push our little ones to gain recreational skills.  A preschooler finally learns how to sit atop a bicycle seat and push the pedals with training wheels attached.  We cannot wait to get those wheels off and see them riding with ease and control.  Our little one begins to move off the ladder in a pool; we wish for them to begin swimming and lose all fear.  We present various sports to them in hopes to gain strength and become part of a team.  We yearn for them to grow and excel.  Parents see the benefit of knowing these skills and the joy that comes from them.

So, does learning stop once a specific number appears on your birthday cake?  NO!

Every day brings new adventures, skills, people and circumstances.  We must grow with each breath and enjoy the life given to us.  Although, the things we learn for survival and recreation lessen a bit over the years; our spiritual learning increases.  Our Father knows the need for spiritual maturity and continues to teach and prepare us for Eternal life with Him. 

Children experience those defiant days and refuse to learn or even try a new skill.  As parents, we do not give up on them and continue to show and teach.  Our Father never gives up on us though we become defiant or even refuse to listen.  He will continue to show us and teach us through His Word the growth needed in our spirits.  Learning is never easy, requires endurance, patience, humility and trust.  I often approach a situation when I know God is teaching me and think to myself, "I did not ask for this lesson."  Well, I do not have a say in the lessons required to grow my spirit.  My Father wrote the Textbook and laid out the seasons of my life.  He sees when I begin to slip away from Truth and quickly shows me the steps required to get back on His path.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
(2 Corinthians 4:16-18)

We must fix our eyes on our Father and trust His ways.  He will bring us to a spiritual maturity and use us to further His Kingdom.  Without His lessons, we fall deep into the pit which our enemy digs for us.  No joy, peace or purpose exists in that pit.  Avoid the enemy and keep focused on your Father.  He will guide you to Eternity in Heaven.  Listen to the Teacher.

Don't ever think you are done learning.  He renews our spirits daily by removing the ugliness of sin in our lives and replacing with His Truth.  I am currently being taught some heavy stuff.  I am a slow learner, so not really progressing at the speed I hoped.  He never gives up on me and continues to teach me . . .
~I will not always get what I want in marriage - it requires compromise, humility, selfless thought, communication and love!
~Parenting continues to present difficulties as the children age - pressures increase and strength can only be found through God!
~When God calls me to take a step, it always requires complete trust and I have no control!
~I must fall into my Father's arms and let Him guide my steps - He is in the driver's seat!
~Take one moment at a time and realize that God is working in ways I cannot even imagine - trust Him and know all things work out for His good!

Pay attention to the lessons He presents in your life.  Continue to seek His teachings and grow spiritually.  It will not be easy and your flesh will fight it; but, the reward far outweighs the difficulty.

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for teaching this hard headed woman the lessons required for maturity in spirit.  Continue to guide me and give me strength to do what is right and pleasing to You.  Give me the words and actions required to be the wife and mother You intend.  I want to serve only You and remain on the path laid for my life.  Thank You for caring so much for me and creating a purpose for my life.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment