Saturday, May 12, 2012

Emergency Plan

When an emergency occurs, we call 9-1-1.  I have been taught this important lesson since childhood.  I now pass this on to my children.  I showed them the numbers to dial should mommy fall or get hurt.  Of course, they both know my husband is on speed dial on my cell phone.  Modern technology allows for one number to be pressed to dial someone.  So, if anything should happen requiring assistance, my children know exactly who to dial.

Upon calling 9-1-1, the callee acts quickly.  Once all details are stated and the location verified, an alarm sounds for all emergency personnel to act.  All individuals have been trained and studied just how to react in emergency situations.  Often times, the presented situation has been seen by them before.  The response time is quick and the one in need can be rescued, treated and recover.  The callee remains on the line until someone arrives on scene.

I mentioned my children know how to call my husband as well.  Sometimes, an intercessor must be contacted because the individual is unaware of the 9-1-1 option or the phone line is busy.  So, my husband would take over the duty of calling for help.  He would know just what to say and where to send emergency personnel.

Any physical injury or accident can be treated in such a manner as mentioned above.  What about a spiritual emergency?  Yes, I am serious.  Spiritual emergencies happen daily and need proper attention.  Who do you call?  Where do you turn?  What is proper treatment?

Well, my dear friends, one line remains open continuously, ready to hear any troubles and trials - JER-33-3.  Call to God and He will answer.  One call brings any and all answers to reach healing. 

As He hears our cry out, He acts.  Once the details are stated, He places your concerns on the hearts of His servants.  He leads those servants to you with open arms.  Meanwhile, His Truth practically jumps off the page as you seek the Bible for strength to hold on.  The servants who come have been built up by God and know His Word.  They are mere vessels who speak God's Words and become His hands and feet.  Usually, the ones sent have experienced the same situation you face and can share their story to help encourage you and lift you up.  This is how God uses others messy situations as their ministry.  They respond in perfect timing to rescue, treat and help recover.  The best part is God never hangs up; He remains on the line always.  He checks in on you continuously to assure healing is happening.  If need be, He sends even more servants and feeds more Truth into your life. 

Sometimes situations bring us so deep in hurt that we remain unresponsive.  Those around us see our pain and know something must be done to save you from a pit.  In come our intercessors, other known as prayer warriors.  We fall into situations where we are just too weak to call out or too deep to reach out.  Our thoughts become drowned by lies and we see no way out.  Our prayer warriors will speak for us.  God hears their cry.  They know just what to say to God and He acts quickly.

Just as a doctor prescribes specific methods or medicines to help healing once leaving the hospital; God gives the same.  The same prescription works for every and any situation: bury yourself in His Truths, pray continuously and apply it to your situation.  Use His Words to replace the lies, hurt and sadness.  He will bring healing, comfort and love if only you seek Him. 

So, get your emergency plan together.  Have prayer warriors on speed dial.  Pass this plan onto your children, so they may know exactly where to go when facing an emergency.

God, thank you for another day.  Thank You for responding quickly as I reach out for help.  Thank You for sending servants in the form of beautiful friends to feed me Truth and set my feet back right.  Their response was in Your perfect timing.  I cannot express enough thanks to my prayer warriors and quick responders.  I am here should the favor ever need returned.  Place it on my heart the needs of those who help me so I may become their prayer warrior each day.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment