Tuesday, November 18, 2014

With Faith, Confidence and Attention



After completing what might have been the toughest two years of my life, I sit with a diploma in one hand and a license in the other.  The diploma says, “I did it,” the license says, “Go do it.”  Yet, still my mind says “I can’t.”  Thoughts race and the enemy creeps in with lies – “You just wasted two years of your life,” “You will never accomplish the desires of your heart,” or “You ventured off the path and now created a foothold for me.”  The world would like me to believe these lies, but Truth stands firm against them. 

I began a job and wore down every piece of energy possessed.  My thoughts could not even come together clearly.  Exhausted emotionally and physically, I began to feel like a failure.  I could not perform needed tasks at home or work and my fingers slipped further away from the reason I entered nursing school.  I did not understand, felt lost and broken.  Then, after crying out to God with true desire and faith in Him, an answer appeared.  Through a daily devotion, the above Scripture jumped off the page and seeped into my heart. 

Ask: through prayer God hears the desires our hearts hold onto so strongly.  Prayers lifted without faith are only words slipping off the tongue.  Faith requires believing His Word laid out neatly for all to read.  He hears every prayer, holds onto those words and views the whole picture to assure it works with His plan for our life.  He will never straight up say no. . .He considers the prayer and may deem it unnecessary to answer at this time.  Patience may be required of us.  All in His timing; therefore, we must not lose hope.  He works all things out for the good of those who love Him.

Seek: well, we cannot just sit and do nothing.  Work like it depends on you (as my husband would say)!  Put yourself out there after praying about the situation.  The world can be a scary place, but He has overcome the world.  No need to fear while seeking out the desires of the heart.  He will never lead you where His grace, love and safety do not cover.  He holds a plan and purpose for each of our lives which will be accomplished and carried out here on Earth. 

Knock: your desires will remain unknown when left inside the heart.  Knocking on doors, spreading ideas and gathering information from all options allows Him to work at a greater capacity.  Leaving doors closed limits the building of His Kingdom.  Listen closely as you knock to assure it is Him behind the door waiting to open this opportunity for you.  There is a time for everything.

I am not sure where you may be in your journey. . .but, let’s take today my friend and begin to ask with faith, seek with confidence and knock with attention.  He brings us through the toughest of storms only to use them later to further His Kingdom.  You can do all things through Him who give you strength. 

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.

Sheree Craig       

No comments:

Post a Comment