Sunday, November 16, 2014

"America Bless God"



As I walk down our street I notice something disturbing, garbage everywhere.  I guess I missed the memo that the street is now our garbage can.  I failed to see the letter from Rumpke saying, "Just throw your garbage out along the street wherever you may be driving or walking and we will pick it up."  Also, I hear from others about the cruel actions of others, the killings, the robberies and other heinous crimes which exist in this world (side note: Dora invaded my TV, so I am unable to watch firsthand).  Do you really think God is smiling down on these things?

God provided this wonderful world for us to borrow and use during our time here.  He entrusted all these blessings to us, His Children.  What disrespect we display when we trash the land, defile our bodies and/or harm one another.  This reminds me of the story of Noah.  We should all be as obedient and loving as this man.

The LORD saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.  The LORD regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.  So the LORD said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.”  But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.  (Genesis 6:5-8)

I don't know about you, but I don't want any of my actions to cause God to regret making this world for His Children to enjoy.  Would you just throw garbage down on your living room floor, steal from your neighbor so as to pay your bills, kill a person for looking at you wrong or force one of God's People to take part in something they strongly said NO to?  We are all Children of God and we must respect our Maker.  He worked diligently on every feature and character of ours.  He is everywhere and knows us completely (see Psalm 139).

He provided all these treasures here for us to enjoy.  Keep His land clean, treat others as you want to be treated, love, give not take, respect yourself (God does not make junk) and praise God for every breath He provides.  Others will see the joy in your life, the blessings received due to your obedience to God.  Your radiance will spread and God will continue to pull on other's hearts so they may see His Way, His Truth and His Life.  This world is in need of Christian behavior and God deserves more respect.

My husband and I once saw a billboard stating, "America Bless God" with a bald eagle crying.  I did not understand and the words just did not click until we discussed in our small group how the national anthem states, "God Bless America."  Well, why would God bless America if America is not respecting, loving, obeying and blessing God?

God thank you for today.  Thank you for trusting me here on earth with so much.  I pray for obedience, for the strength to show my faith and stand behind it when faced daily with this broken world.  I pray my light may shine and infest this world so Your Children may see and choose the straight path You provide.  I love You.

Keep praying harder than the devil can work.
Sheree Craig


1 comment: